Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All

johno

hi all, just thoght id say hello as i'm a bit of a noob. I'm John and live oop north near to Wigan, but i'm down in coventry 95% of the time at uni doing automotive design :D :D

Dont technically have a Lexus at the moment, which is a bit of a disadvantage on a lexus forum...but i'm intending on buying an IS200 se or sport within the next few weeks. I'm only 19 but was really shocked at the insurance quote i've been given to cover the car considering what it is and the fact i have an "at fault accident" and an SP30.....35 in a 30!! :crybaby: still never mind!

Just a couple of questions, are there major spec differences between the SE and the Sport? and with the budget I have, the majority of cars are pushing 100k miles, if not over. Is this an issue or are they pretty much unburstable?

And finally whats the major things i should look for when buying??

Thats me anyway, hope to speak 2 you all soon :D

cheers, john!

hi john, yeh i know the feeling, i also was charged with sp30 (49 in a 30 lol) and had an accident which was my fault (apparantly, woman shouldn't have stoped in the right and lane of a dualer grr...) but yeh i bought my is200 when i was 19, good luck on finding one mate.

hi all, just thoght id say hello as i'm a bit of a noob. I'm John and live oop north near to Wigan, but i'm down in coventry 95% of the time at uni doing automotive design :D :D

Dont technically have a Lexus at the moment, which is a bit of a disadvantage on a lexus forum...but i'm intending on buying an IS200 se or sport within the next few weeks. I'm only 19 but was really shocked at the insurance quote i've been given to cover the car considering what it is and the fact i have an "at fault accident" and an SP30.....35 in a 30!! :crybaby: still never mind!

Just a couple of questions, are there major spec differences between the SE and the Sport? and with the budget I have, the majority of cars are pushing 100k miles, if not over. Is this an issue or are they pretty much unburstable?

And finally whats the major things i should look for when buying??

Thats me anyway, hope to speak 2 you all soon :D

cheers, john!

ELOoooo John !!!!

well i just got a is200 SE about 2 weeks ago if that and LOVEING IT IN ALL BLACK !!!!

Hi and Welcome to the LOC :)

My only advice would be to take it steady when you get the car if its your first RWD car,get to know it.

RWD can fun but tricky in the wet if youve cut your teeth on FWD :D

Good Luck with buying your new car.

Chips..

cheers for the welcomes guys, been looking around the site a little more and seems like your all a friendly bunch :D theres some very very nice cars on here aswell, got a lot of inspiration!

thank you for the buying advice aswell, a few cars that were on my potential list have been moved up a few places with regards to the cambelt.

hi john, yeh i know the feeling, i also was charged with sp30 (49 in a 30 lol) and had an accident which was my fault (apparantly, woman shouldn't have stoped in the right and lane of a dualer grr...) but yeh i bought my is200 when i was 19, good luck on finding one mate.
cheers bud, i sympathise for you, sounds like a utter bugger that does! mine was more my own fault, i swerved to avoid an Alsation in a national speed limit zone and lost control,clipped a lamp post and the car ended up looking like this...

P0205_200920.jpg

wish i'd hit the sodding thing now!! but you live an learn, sudden movements at speed do cause :crybaby: !!

chips, thats my only apprehension on the car, i've never driven a RWD before, an as above, ive done enough damage with a fronty!...but im a little bit older now, little bit experienced and mature...well in a car anyway! :D so i'm just gonna have to be a lot more careful with it.

One other thing with regard to insurance, last week i was quoted £1,200 p.a off direct line,using a generic search for a lexus I.S which all things considering isnt bad at all, and is the cheapest my insurance has ever been, but i checked it again last night using an actual number plate off autotrader for the same model, and its now jumped to £1500 :duh: i'm seriously baffled by this!! can anyone suggest a quality insurance company? only using webistes like confused and moneysupermarket brings back quotes of 4k + which is just both cringe worthy and a tad funny!

cheers, john. :D

Hi johno,

Was you hurt,if you walked away unharmed you were lucky.

As for insurance try giving these a call,ive found them Very Good :)

http://www.keithmichaels.co.uk/

Let us know how much they wanted out of interest :winky:

As for RWD cars...General rule, Even More so in the Wet.

Always Do your Braking in a Straight line.

Apply the Power when the cars Straight and Smoothly on the Power when exiting corners.

You cant go far wrong with doing a Skidpan Course,i did one not long after passing my Driving Test and I learnt alot ;)

I think this is the nearest one to where you live if your interested.

http://www.carcontrol.co.uk/index.php

Heres a list of all the Skidpans in the uk if want to see if theres one closer to you.

http://www.iam.org.uk/links/ukskidpans.htm

Hope thats of help.

Cheers..

Chips.

cheers chips, yeah i wasnt seriously hurt, just winded, shocked and upset! - i'd only had it two months, and i'd been away for one of those!

thanks for the insurance link aswell, shall have to give them a bell!i've heard good things of them before, so ill see what they can do for me!

thats not a bad idea about the skidpan course, it hadnt even crossed my mind! those little tips arent bad either, i used to race karts at three sisters for a few years so i have done RWD before and know a few basics...however a 100cc 2 stroke weighing 150kg with driver is a bit different from 2000cc and 1.5 tonnes!i'll definatly look into that though, never ever know when that could get you out of danger!