Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Turboing A Lexus

Just seen the thread so ill add my bit :) , what do u want the car for mate, show car or actually using it, to be honest with out spending alot of money and not being tempeted to up the boost and blow your engine the supercharger is the best option on the is200, also being slightly younger im sure you like doing your own gears (not that scar face is past it LOLOL)

The supercharger can be got up to around 220-230bhp at the fly so 190 - 200 at wheels with a pully upgrade/camcon(fueling)/full exhaust system etc.

If you turbo the is200 you wont get much more with out doing internals which is big money, daza is the first to do internals and is on 300bhp at the fly.

Its all what you can mainly insure at our age and the supercharger is on a few insurence sites drop down menus so it is well recognised

Hope it helps.

Elliott

• 5 months later...

Surprised to see this.

I too came from a rover coupe (in fact I probably know Tom).

I had a ~260+ bhp rover coupe (though I had no water problems, and not many do, AFAIK)

I decided after modding the nuts off a car I should go for something that was already where I wanted it to be, so I bought an Alfa 156 GTA.

I only remapped it and changed the intake, giving it about 35bhp extra out of the 3.2 v6.

At that point the car was pretty perfect... handled like a dream, and went pretty damn well.

And then I slowly came to realise that unless I'm on a track, I just can't use it. And if you're going to a track, whilst the GTA is a great car for it, it's also VERY expensive to have for a few track days. Might as well go a much cheaper way, or forget about it altogether.

So now I've got diesel (arrives next friday, 1 day later than hoped) and I hope the need for speed will die down a bit.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links