Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Iridium Spark Plugs

GSSPORT

Hi All,

I'm about to change the spark plugs on my GS MKII next week and was wondering whether iridium spark plugs are better in terms of performance and longivity. I don't want to be changing them less that the standard 60k service, as it looks like a bugger to change.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

To be honest I thought that Toyota and Lexus had been using iridium spark plugs as standard anyway now?

It's just that the guys who turo or supercharge just go for a slightly colder spark plug I think?

To be honest I thought that Toyota and Lexus had been using Iridium spark plugs as standard anyway now?

It's just that the guys who turo or supercharge just go for a slightly colder spark plug I think?

Yes, they probably are NOW. However, when the MK2 GS was around, it was definitely platinum as standard :lol:

Thanks for the comments.

I think as my car is a standard GS MKII and not a chipped or turbo I'll stick to standard platinum plugs. I can't be changing the plugs every 30k, particularly as it has a manifold over two of them.

Thank you all for your advice.