Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Body Kit Ques?

For those who fitted on body kits themselves, after screwing the body kit onto the car and waited for the glu to dry,

after removing the screws what do you put in the holes that the screws left and how you repaint over it? what is the process?

what bodykit have you put on ?

For those who fitted on body kits themselves, after screwing the body kit onto the car and waited for the glu to dry,

after removing the screws what do you put in the holes that the screws left and how you repaint over it? what is the process?

the trd body kit for is200. its made out of fibreglass.

Why didn't you leave the mounting screws in? Assuming you mean the ones either going up through the skirts or attaching the skirts / bumpers to either side of the wheel arch?

Why didn't you leave the mounting screws in? Assuming you mean the ones either going up through the skirts or attaching the skirts / bumpers to either side of the wheel arch?

the glue has dryed now and now i can take the screws off. i will only leave the screws on the arch.

when i take the screws off i just want to know what i use to fill the holes that the scres have left? what is the process of doing this?

the trd body kit for is200. its made out of fibreglass.

Ah .... no, it's not made out of fibreglass!!!

Think you must have a fibreglass copy..... which would explain the need for extra screws....

even the fibreglass replicas do not need to have any screws removed after installation. There should not be any screws that are obvious to the eye on the outer surface. The screws are only on the wheelwell arch, under the bumper in the front, and 2 screws inside the bonet.

A pic is the best way to describe what holes you are talking about.

you need to take a photo mate so people can see the screws but i have not seen a kit where you need to install screws on the face of the kit. On the undersides and on the ends are where the screws normally are.

the TRD kit is also plastic so u have a copy - hope it fits well????

you need to take a photo mate so people can see the screws but i have not seen a kit where you need to install screws on the face of the kit. On the undersides and on the ends are where the screws normally are.

the reason screws were put on the face of the kit so it gives more pressure tostay in that position with the glue. now the glue has dryed i can take the screws off.

once i take the scres off there will be obvious be holes in the body kit.

what do i do to get rid of these holes?

the reason screws were put on the face of the kit so it gives more pressure tostay in that position with the glue. now the glue has dryed i can take the screws off.

once i take the scres off there will be obvious be holes in the body kit.

what do i do to get rid of these holes?

filler !