Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brakes

I have been getting vibrations on the steering wheel when braking from 30mph+. So i decided to to take a look on the left handside at the rear there is uneven pad wear. So i asked a mechanic and he said it might be part of the caliper has seized. Can any one advice me on this.. Also how much a calliper is?? would i need to change the discs as well. Anyone know where i can get the parts cheap

thanks any advice is appreciated.

thanks

I have been getting vibrations on the steering wheel when braking from 30mph+. So i decided to to take a look on the left handside at the rear there is uneven pad wear. So i asked a mechanic and he said it might be part of the caliper has seized. Can any one advice me on this.. Also how much a calliper is?? would i need to change the discs as well. Anyone know where i can get the parts cheap

thanks any advice is appreciated.

thanks

You can get a caliper fixing kit form Lexus, cost is approx £50. better than paying £200 pounds + for the caliper.

My car has only done 50k and this is happened. is there any reason why this has happened. The previous owner lived in the countryside, could that be something to do with it.

Anyways i have found some breakers who can do me discs and the calliper for abt 100ish, coming off a car with about 15k would this be ok??

thanks

• 4 months later...
It could also be one of the sliding bolts that have seized. This happened to me. check that they slide in and out easily

I changed my pads today, one of the brake pads was worn un evenly. What exactly is the sliding bolt? I cleaned it all and put grease on the sides of the pads so the slide in and out fine now. I will keep an eye on it and see if its solved or if it's the calliper.

What does the caliper fixing kit consist of?

Thanks.