Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Satnav Update Dvds?

Hi all,

does anyone know how often the DVD for the RX400h sat nav is updated? Mine from memory states 2004/5. Also, do we have to buy new disks through the Lexus dealership or is it an off the shelf disk that can be bought cheaper elsewhere?

Any guidance gratefully received!

You've touched a raw nerve with me there. Lexus will charge you £220.00 for what is an upgrade! By issuing a new disc they are admitting the one supplied is out of date. Therefore, as a simple matter of customer service, an upgrade should be supplied at nominal cost. I've tried to take this up with Lexus U.K. but they refuse to even reply! :tsktsk:

And I'm just having some work done on my 400h and it's becoming apparant that the labour charge is £100 per hour plus VAT - I know this because the job is one hour long and total bill minus parts is £118.

Can't say I'm too happy about that.

Obviously in the first three years of ownership you should only get hit with services which appear reasonable, but after that?

Opinions?

And I'm just having some work done on my 400h and it's becoming apparant that the labour charge is £100 per hour plus VAT - I know this because the job is one hour long and total bill minus parts is £118.

Can't say I'm too happy about that.

Obviously in the first three years of ownership you should only get hit with services which appear reasonable, but after that?

Opinions?

Find a good independant and halve the cost, the stamp in the book after the warranty expires it is not worth the difference IMHO

Are there many motor engineers that would even know where to start with a 400 !!!!

On the DVD side - I had an RX 350 for a day whilst mine was in for service and the new improved modern satnav system was great - I asked if I could have an update and they said it was NOT possible. Surely 5 minutes with the new disc would serve as an upgrade ??

Any ideas ?????

regards

Gazman :zee:

I still don't see how Lexus can justify £220+ for a DVD disc. When I bought my RX 300 I naively assumed the updated discs would be available for me to pick as and when they came out. I really feel that this is a rip off and I regret asking for the Navigator option when I bought the car. The aftermarket units eg Tom tom are more cost effective and simpler to update.

Anyone else have this beef or know where we can get cheaper copies?

Are there many motor engineers that would even know where to start with a 400 !!!!

On the DVD side - I had an RX 350 for a day whilst mine was in for service and the new improved modern satnav system was great - I asked if I could have an update and they said it was NOT possible. Surely 5 minutes with the new disc would serve as an upgrade ??

Any ideas ?????

regards

2 points IMHO :)

1. I was told by both a Toyota and Lexus dealer that servicing a 400h normally only involves the normal work that any conventional car would have.Oil & Filter change etc. They said that there is no servicing required on the Hybrid system. Apparently Toyata are not allowed to touch a Lexus car of any sort. But you can go to any reputable independent garage for a service and get your book stamped without invalidaing warranty. So they said!!

Something to do with EEC fair trade I believe.... So I was told!! :) But do check your facts with a second opinion!!!

2. The new improved modern satnav system is a new hardware system and plays dvd's, mp3 etc with a better Satnav screen etc.

It may be that the Sat system uses a different format. I tried a Range Rover DVD in my 400H and it wouldn't work.

BR

Billy

Any ideas ?????

regards

1. I was told by both a Toyota and Lexus dealer that servicing a 400h normally only involves the normal work that any conventional car would have.Oil & Filter change etc. They said that there is no servicing required on the Hybrid system. Apparently Toyata are not allowed to touch a Lexus car of any sort. But you can go to any reputable independent garage for a service and get your book stamped without invalidaing warranty. So they said!!

Something to do with EEC fair trade I believe.... So I was told!! :) But do check your facts with a second opinion!!!

2. The new improved modern satnav system is a new hardware system and plays dvd's, mp3 etc with a better Satnav screen etc.

It may be that the Sat system uses a different format. I tried a Range Rover DVD in my 400H and it wouldn't work.

BR

Billy

Any ideas ?????

regards

BR

Billy