Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, New Member & 1st Question

Grev

Hi, just ordered my new Lexus GS300 auto. Due to arrive in 4 to 5 weeks... Can't wait.

Got a shock today though when asked Lexus dealer about Towbar fitting.

Told me I needed a 'Towing Package' that comprises of a detachable tow ball with electrics, plus

high cooling radiator and transmission oil cooler. All for a touch under £2000 !!!!!! :crybaby:

I've previously had a BMW 525 and currently have a Merc 270CDi auto, both had Towbars fitted for about £350 and never needed any type of cooling at all. Never had any overheating problems in 8 years.

I've done a search of the web but can't find any towbar suppliers who do one for the new Lexus GS300.

Has anyone any experience in this area, either bought/had fitted an OEM or other make Towbar or got the Lexus one without the cooling 'accesories'.

Grev

Ps great forum. Can't wait to start taking part. :D

I wouldnt have imagined it woudl be far from reality getting one fitted afterwards. £200k is alot!

People have have tow bars fitted to vehciles all the time. Infact, my uncle who has a GS430 fitted one himself as hes a macanic and he lugs about a 28ft caravan!

Welcome to LOC by the way :D

Hi and Welcome to LOC Grev :)

Id leave having the Towbar fitted for a while..£2000 :crying: thats alot of money to shell out :crybaby:

Do abit more homework and see if the oil cooler etc is really needed for what your thinking of towing..

Have a look at the USA site there could be info on there about it,if you cant find anything post up and ask them they might have some answers :winky:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/

Good Luck.

Chips.

Hi and Welcome to LOC Grev :)

Id leave having the Towbar fitted for a while..£2000 :crying: thats alot of money to shell out :crybaby:

Do abit more homework and see if the oil cooler etc is really needed for what your thinking of towing..

Have a look at the USA site there could be info on there about it,if you cant find anything post up and ask them they might have some answers :winky:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/

Good Luck.

Chips.

Thanks for the replies chaps.

I've pretty much missed the summer now, so think I'll leave the towbar until next year.

Just looking forward to enjoying the car when it arrives :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links