Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How To Wire Greddy Bcc?

skeet94

Hello everybody,

Just wondering how to wire up the GReddy Boost Cut Controller on the ECU? Where is the ECU located? What wires would I need to splice/cut?

I'm looking at doing a decat and pick up a Joe P Manual Boost Controller from the USA (said to hold boost better than EBC's) to control boost etc.

Anyone know any guides that can help? I know the VVTi and the Non-VVTi wiring varies quite a bit so the guide on MKIV Forums is of no use :(.

HELP?

TIA.

Try looking at http://mkiv.com/techarticles/bcc/bcc_install/bcc_intro.htm which is where I picked up some details. As you say, this is for the Supra Twin Turbo, but I'm told the control unit is the same (although the wire colours may be different - you will need therefore to look at the connector block information and trace the wires from this I think). As for finding it I'm about to pull up the passenger carpet to have a look under there - unless anyone else has other clues?

I was recommended NOT to go for a manual Boost Controller as there is no limit protection - I've just gone for the Blitz dual solenoid unit (not yet installed) which I believe has pre-settable over boost limits to tweak.

If you hear a big bang I've done something wrong - if it works without a mild case of death I'll let you know what I've been doing. If you find anything out yourself please keep the forum going as we seem to be living parallel lives!!

I've just been told that the ECU is in the offside engine bay of the Aristo TT MK2. :D

If someone can tell me how to upload a picture off my hard drive to display on this forum I have a sketch illustration (small jpg picture file) of the parts breakdown, but not the actual wiring information. :crybaby:

I think I can help you with the Diagram hehe (think we've the same goal and have info the other requires)...don't if it's the diagram we need but it is for a 2JZ-GTE VVTi from a Aristo JZS161, so should be the same.

723640_16_full.jpg

Hope that helps and let me know how you get on...if you do it before me :).

With a Manual Boost controller, you can keep an eye on the boost with a quality Boost Guage, not to mention manual boost controllers are used on BPU Supra's AND 1000bhp singled Supra's in the US and are preferred more to their Electronic brethrens. Still a good buy on the Blitz EBC though :).

Also if you can...email me the picture of the location of the location of the ECU and I'll host it up for future reference :).

Yes have a look at the post I made for Blitz Turbo Boost Controller:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=35723

The picture of engine bay shows a large black plastic housing just to right of radiator, slightly back. Unscrew the three fixing bolts, lift lid, lift off inner left hand plastic cover and it's there.

Disconnect the -ve Battery cable before any electrical work is probably advisable.

Make sure you have the right terminal layout as there appears to be two different types - the one on this post is correct to mine. I've made sure by tracing the wires from the Turbo Pressures Sensor itself. To find this go slightly to left of ECU box, follow the large intake plastic tube backwards which joins the cast manifold. Follow this about half way back and the turbo sensor is the three wire device on the left. The middle wire (which on mine is black/yellow) is the senor Output you need. You need to cut this (either at the sensor or in the ECU and fit the Greddy device in between (white wire to sensor end, green wire to ECU end). The red and black wire on the Greddy device goes to +ve and -ve connection of a suitable power source (which I'm doing via a fuse).

I've been recommended (and on order from Japan) Greddy Part No:15510019 which is specifically for late Supra TT (mines a 1998 Aristo). Expensive but necessary.

Calibration is recommended as follows: Disconnect white and green wire (so don't bother connecting them first!!), but keep red to +ve (12v) and black to -Ve (earth). Put voltmeter between earth connection and Green (output wire) to positive end of meter. Connect white wire to +ve (12v). Adjust Greddy adjustment screw so meter reads 4.3v for year 95 or younger, 4.1v for cars 96 onwards. When adjusted, connect White and Green wires between Turbo Sensor wires as discribed above.

Hope fully this will do the trick.

If I knew how to up-load a photo on here life would be simpler than this esay!! :duh:

The Connector layout drawing on here is not complete - anybody able to fill in the missing wires or where the senor signals go?

Do you know what the Greddy part number is for your BCC? It would be interesting to know if we have been recommended different parts (as nothing is specified for the Aristo specifically).

I've gone for just de-cat on the front end, as I'm told that decatting both front and back can lead to engine/senor damage unless you have the ECU re-mapped. You then have the problem at MOT time, where as it is likely to pass the MOT with the front cat missing (especially if you fill the tank up with some clean burn fuel - like Optimax - before you take it in for the test).

Have you gone for any Air Induction change to complement your mods? I'm just considering this and looking for recommendations for the best one to fit.

Don't forget to tell the insurance company about the mods. I've done this with mine and the premium (for the full year) has increased by an acceptable £68 and includes covering the value of the kit I've added as well as the performance gain.

I've just fitted a Blizt front grill to complete the de-badging exercise.

Do you know what the Greddy part number is for your BCC? It would be interesting to know if we have been recommended different parts (as nothing is specified for the Aristo specifically).

I've not had a look at the part number, but as far as I'm concerned as long as you have the Supra BCC you should be fine. The only variance is the voltage which can be adjusted on the older units, the new ones don't have the little adjustment screw inside the unit.

I've gone for just de-cat on the front end, as I'm told that decatting both front and back can lead to engine/senor damage unless you have the ECU re-mapped. You then have the problem at MOT time, where as it is likely to pass the MOT with the front cat missing (especially if you fill the tank up with some clean burn fuel - like Optimax - before you take it in for the test).

That's exactly what I meant lol...sorry for the confusion. I'm planning on removing the CAT closest to the turbo which should help spool up quite a bit.

Have you gone for any Air Induction change to complement your mods? I'm just considering this and looking for recommendations for the best one to fit.

I've already got a Apexi Power Intake...highly recommended as it's a filter for life more or less as long as you clean it every so often. No oiling is required and filtration is supposed to be the best :).

Don't forget to tell the insurance company about the mods. I've done this with mine and the premium (for the full year) has increased by an acceptable £68 and includes covering the value of the kit I've added as well as the performance gain.

Insurance company knows everything about the mods, and the premium hasn't risen by anything :).

I've just fitted a Blizt front grill to complete the de-badging exercise.

NICEE!! Take some pics and post them up :). Wanna see it.

The way I do it mate is to use a third party such as www.imageshack.us

It's dead easy, browse to your file, upload it and resize it if necessary - it lets you do this on the fly, and then it gives you the URL to the image once it's uploaded

You want the box that says Direct Link to Image

Just copy that, and then on the post on LOC, you just wrap it in img tags as below:

[img=http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en_uk/images/logo.gif]

If you were to use the img tags as above you would get the following:

logo.gif

It's easy :)

IMHO you've bought one of the best Aristo grilles, I'm not a big fan of the Sports grille and was going to go down the Blitz route myself but you've beaten me :lol:

We'll have to catch up some time if you fancy it, I'd love to see what these cars are capable of and I don't think you're too far away from me :)

Looks more like a Knitting patten book !! I'll retain it for reference and could be useful. Thanks.

I'm just waiting as well for my Greddy device to come from Japan to see if it has any instruction with it. If not it's on with the rubber gloves, mask, and surgical overalls to perform a minor operation or two under the bonnet. :duh:

Looks more like a Knitting patten book !! I'll retain it for reference and could be useful. Thanks.

I'm just waiting as well for my Greddy device to come from Japan to see if it has any instruction with it. If not it's on with the rubber gloves, mask, and surgical overalls to perform a minor operation or two under the bonnet. :duh:

LOL I just hope you have another boost guage to keep an eye on the boost even though the Blitz Boost Controller has a boost display. It's better to be safe than sorry :).