Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Probably A Really Stupid Question But...

johno

just wondering, seeing as the IS is a 2.0 litre VVT-i engine...

Does this mean that its like the civics, fto's etc were you can get a v-tec/mi-vec controller?

only on the tuning websites i've been on i've never seen one for the lexus, or is the lexus set up different?

sorry if its been covered before, just got me thinking before :D

cheers, john.

cheers guys, wasnt such a stupid question after all then!

**EDIT** btw...do they make a noticeable difference to driveability / fuel consumption? obviously i wont expect it to shave 4 seconds off the 0-60...if i want that ill get a +25bhp resistor off eBay :lol: :lol:

Got several in stock fitted several to IS200's (Fitting is 3.75 hours @ £45 inc VAT)

Have fitted one to a GS300

Just fitting one to my Aristo Vertex V300 vvti

Price of unit is on my website (www.prolex-uk.com )

dave, would this be of any use to an N/A IS2?? would i end up with the power coming lower in the rev range etc??

Got several in stock fitted several to IS200's (Fitting is 3.75 hours @ £45 inc VAT)

Have fitted one to a GS300

Just fitting one to my Aristo Vertex V300 vvti

Price of unit is on my website (www.prolex-uk.com )

dave, would this be of any use to an N/A IS2?? would i end up with the power coming lower in the rev range etc??

I'd say yes as you can broaden the pwoer power even band by bringing the increase in torque in earlier...

I've not fitted one to a n/a IS so cant give any proven BHP gain for you :blush: I'm sure TId have done one and the graph is on adies thread....

Here we go, the results of the Camcon when installed into an NA IS200 (belonged to Lexmas):

medgallery110321475114gq0co8.jpg

aido, from what i can tell (and bearing in mind i've never tried to interpret one of these b4), there does not appear to be much difference between the red (camcon) and blue (no camcon) lines??? maybe you could explain a little further fella? :blush: :D

hi folks

having just bought one of these unit from Dave at Prolex :D (along with the kazama exhaust that ppl rave about, and having some plan about trying out an intake setup with a CDA kinda thing) but really run out of money now so for a while I won't be reaching down the pocket :crybaby: and that means not a chance to have this thing dyno-tuned for a while... yet, I would like to start off with somethin because I don't like the idea of having the little blackbox standing in my car doin nothing, so.... here's the big question.... :question::question::question:

does anybody of you have some basic figure to input to the camcon just to get me started off? I would like something to play with for a while, and I know really few ppl tried this on a NA is200 (that would be my case too) but if somebody has some setting that I could just try it woul be real good.

I've been checkin the australian site as well but not much luck there...

I'm all ears... pls help!