Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitting Kazzma Exhaust

Ok I am fairly novice when it comes to mods & my lovely Prolex exhaust arrived today and has no instructions. Not looked under the car but I imagine it's take off & bolt on is it complicated?

Also my real problem will be getting the car off the floor safely, should I just take it to the garage and pay?

Chris, I think someone once did manage to change one in a Macdonalds car park, but they knew what they were doing!

When I initially got my Hyper I took it to a local tyre and exhaust place and they charged me 15 pounds for fitting - might be worth trying one of them to see what they say?

If you have a decent trolley jack then you can do it yourself. If you only have the jack that comes with the car then don't attempt it.

If you do have a decent jack it is purely a matter of undoing 2 bolts and removing the exhaust from the hangers (bit of fairy liquid usually helps the rubbers to slide) then slipping the new one on and doing up.

Incidently - where in the world are you?

Well I was over eager just went to the local garage they had it on in 15mins for £20 which was great they had power tools/ramps I don't lol...

At first I was a little disappointed it didn't sound much differnt went to my friends who pointed out the giant silencer thing... We whipped that off & I haven't stoped smileing since :D

Tis awesome thanks Dave @ Prolex, the garage said it was a awesome fit...

I love the sound, and yes any1 who has the tools could do it themselves but for £20 I was more than happy to let them do it...

I live a town not far for Nottingham, I'll be at the Mini Meet ;)

Well I was over eager just went to the local garage they had it on in 15mins for £20 which was great they had power tools/ramps I don't lol...

At first I was a little disappointed it didn't sound much differnt went to my friends who pointed out the giant silencer thing... We whipped that off & I haven't stoped smileing since :D

I love the sound, and yes any1 who has the tools could do it themselves but for £20 I was more than happy to let them do it...

Glad you like it .............will get better as it gets a bit older :D

Sold over 40 of these...........22 induction kits..........must be doing something right :blush:

just keep it nice n shiney when winter comes :winky:

Sold over 40 of these...........22 induction kits..........must be doing something right :blush:

Will do Dave, I'm off out in it again in a sec... Time to test dual carraigeway and through town ;)

Sorry to go off topic :blush: ... Dave, would these removable silencer inserts fit into the back box's I've got on my GS <_< ?

Whats the best product to keep it shiney? Mine has gone a sort of browny colour on the top.

Will do Dave, I'm off out in it again in a sec... Time to test dual carraigeway and through town ;)

Terraced streets are awesome, the sound just rebounds of everything, especially when hot.

You got to try a tunnel soon as well :)

Sorry to go off topic :blush: ... Dave, would these removable silencer inserts fit into the back box's I've got on my GS <_< ?

Tony--I doubt it :blush:

Whats the best product to keep it shiney? Mine has gone a sort of browny colour on the top.

Lee,

i use auto solvol on my silencer to make it shiny, i have also used paint compound, a little better than t-cut.

hope this helps