Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Delivery Promises

Sagitar

Good morning to you all. I joined yesterday and you appear to be a friendly and knowledgeable bunch so I am happy to be aboard.

Yesterday I ordered a new IS 250 SE-L from Milton Keynes with auto box, multimedia package and in Argento Ice with Sussex Grey interior. I have been promised delivery in 8 to 9 weeks (i.e. November 1st deadline).

I am a bit of a cynic, so I tend to take such promises with a pinch of salt . . . . . . :duh:

I have had no previous dealings with Lexus and so I would welcome views from you experienced folks about the reality of delivery performance.

If you have any other advice about things to look out for when taking delivery of a new Lexus I would be grateful for your comments.

Welcome to LOC.

This thread may help - Lead time discussion

There are a few comments there on how long people have been waiting but it has varied from immediate/weeks where a car became available to up to 9 months on this thread - 56'rs thread

I hope your dealer sticks to his forecast :o

Thanks - those are very helpful pointers.

Well in my less than satisfactory experience with my purchase, the delivery date slipped twice, and I ended up waiting over 8 months from date of order/deposit.

I wish you better luck / more honest dealer. My :tsktsk: dealer tells lies...and I HAVE the proof.

Well in my less than satisfactory experience with my purchase, the delivery date slipped twice, and I ended up waiting over 8 months from date of order/deposit.

I wish you better luck / more honest dealer. My :tsktsk: dealer tells lies...and I HAVE the proof.

I had a call from the dealer yesterday, to say that I could have the car almost immediately if I would accept a black instead of grey interior.

My first preference was for black - my wife preferred grey - we have decided to make the change so should now have the car much sooner.

Incidentally, my preference for a dark coloured interior trim was prompted by noticing the amount of reflection on the rear window from the light tan interior of the test car.

I had a call from the dealer yesterday, to say that I could have the car almost immediately if I would accept a black instead of grey interior.

My first preference was for black - my wife preferred grey - we have decided to make the change so should now have the car much sooner.

Incidentally, my preference for a dark coloured interior trim was prompted by noticing the amount of reflection on the rear window from the light tan interior of the test car.

Ah well....then you have moved the goal posts :D I too could have done something similar, but we stuck out for our first colourchoice, - anyhow, enjoy the car, and welcome to the LOC :D

Welcome to the club, i hope your car arrives as promised. :D

Thanks; I hope so too.

We actually had yet another call from the dealer today to say that the car had been "tagged" for me and is on its way from Cardiff on a transporter.

We are just about to start a holiday and will not be back for a couple of weeks so it should be ready for collection at the end of our holiday.

I am keeping my fingers crossed . . . . . . . :)

Welcome to the club, i hope your car arrives as promised. :D

Thanks; I hope so too.

We actually had yet another call from the dealer today to say that the car had been "tagged" for me and is on its way from Cardiff on a transporter.

We are just about to start a holiday and will not be back for a couple of weeks so it should be ready for collection at the end of our holiday.

I am keeping my fingers crossed . . . . . . . :)

Hopefully by "tagged" he doesn't mean that some youth has been spraying logos down the side of it. :lol::tomato: Hope your Holiday goes well and you don't get any problems at the airport (if your flying).

Hi and Welcome to the LOC Sagitar :)

Chips.

Thanks for the kind welcome. We are really looking forward to trying our first Lexus.

Hopefully by "tagged" he doesn't mean that some youth has been spraying logos down the side of it. :lol::tomato: Hope your Holiday goes well and you don't get any problems at the airport (if your flying).

We are holidaying in the UK - the Lake District. We will be driving up there on Tuesday in our four-years-old Toyota Camry. The Camry has been a great success and a very enjoyable and relaxing drive.