Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance

johno

Just wondering about my cover...i have held my licence since 24th February 2004, and then held my own insurance policy since 1st March but then had an accident on the 2nd February 2005, meaning i only just missed out on 1 years NCB. Was then insured again on my next car from April 2005 until May 2006.

But, during this period there was a change in my insurance broker...i switched from Tesco to Adrian Flux in December.

The only thing thats troubling me is that i think there was a break in cover between the two because i was at uni and never recevied the policy renewal, and the cover was cancelled. So then i switched to Adrian Flux.

So if there was a break of around two weeks or so....am i still entitled to one years NCB? or does the cover have to be un interupted?

cheers, john :)

Just wondering about my cover...i have held my licence since 24th February 2004, and then held my own insurance policy since 1st March but then had an accident on the 2nd February 2005, meaning i only just missed out on 1 years NCB. Was then insured again on my next car from April 2005 until May 2006.

But, during this period there was a change in my insurance broker...i switched from Tesco to Adrian Flux in December.

The only thing thats troubling me is that i think there was a break in cover between the two because i was at uni and never recevied the policy renewal, and the cover was cancelled. So then i switched to Adrian Flux.

So if there was a break of around two weeks or so....am i still entitled to one years NCB? or does the cover have to be un interupted?

cheers, john :)

I'm not sure I fully understand, but are you saying that for the period between April 05 and May 06, you were first covered by Tesco, and then you cancelled this and got cover from Adrian Flux?

If that is the case, then you won't get no claims for it as you haven't had a full claim free year with either insurer - you can't add portions of years with different insurers, even if there was no gap in between.

How did you end up with a break in between anyway? Had you not taken out a full year's cover?