Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Changing The Sat Nav Cd?

Hey guys i finally found out where the sat nav unit was in my boot!(under 2 bits of carpet!) i took the unit out( see pictures belowP) but i dont see any button to eject the sat nav disc? any ideas how i get it out? any buttons on the headunit or any hidden buttons on the sat nav unit?

Thanks for the help!

heres the type of unit i have

dscn0414hg5.jpg

heres the type of connections:

dscn0416lu4.jpg

heres a pic of the cd in the drive

dscn0418gs3.jpg

heres the model of the unit:

dscn0419we4.jpg

i thought he black switch near the screw on the left would pop out the disk, but didnt work

dscn0423an3.jpg

the 2 black bits make the cd move up and down didnt want to move them too much

dscn0424ak2.jpg

So can anyone tell me how the hell i get the disk out of the drive so i can stick in a european one. At the moment its a jap disk, not sure whether its cd or dvd. cant tell till i take the disk out!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but..... the general consensus on here is that simply changing the CD is not going to make your system work...... It's not just the CD that makes it Japanese, but the hardware as well......

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but..... the general consensus on here is that simply changing the CD is not going to make your system work...... It's not just the CD that makes it Japanese, but the hardware as well......

so i need to replace the unit pictured above? any idea what one to get and where i can get it from? and is there actually a Disc for Ireland? Searched eBay but not much there. might buy one of the disks to see what happens

Irish cities are supposed to be mapped ok.... but once you head for the countryside it's suposed to be very bad indeed..... mostly down to the fact that postcodes aren't used in all of Ireland yet......

As for what parts to change to get it working i wouldn't hazzard a guess, could be a money pit

Irish cities are supposed to be mapped ok.... but once you head for the countryside it's suposed to be very bad indeed..... mostly down to the fact that postcodes aren't used in all of Ireland yet......

As for what parts to change to get it working i wouldn't hazzard a guess, could be a money pit

Grand ill get onto toyota and Lexus here in Dublin and see if they can sort me out with a new unit and hopefully it wont be too expensive!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links