Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car De-badging

jdglynn

I'm due to collect my new IS shortly.

Prior to ordering I was advised by two dealers that it was not possible to de-badge by a factory order but it was no problem for the dealership to do so prior to collection.

I ordered the car from a different dealer and he now advises that due to the use of new water based paints he cannot do this as it may damage the paint finish. Is this for real! Have any other recent new car owners experienced this problem?

Any further information on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

I can't imagine they won't come off, they are only stuck on after all. Just be careful taking off any residue.

Tools for the job

1 x Hairdryer from the little lady

10 minutes of your day

A bit of persuasion

Job's a good 'un :D

EDIT - Which badge(s) do you want to take off?

EDIT 2 - Welcome to LOC by the way.

• 1 month later...

I'm due to collect my new IS shortly.

Prior to ordering I was advised by two dealers that it was not possible to de-badge by a factory order but it was no problem for the dealership to do so prior to collection.

I ordered the car from a different dealer and he now advises that due to the use of new water based paints he cannot do this as it may damage the paint finish. Is this for real! Have any other recent new car owners experienced this problem?

Any further information on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Don't do it.. I debadged my 200 on a warm day with dental floss, and it's easy (except for the cutting and polishing afterwards to get rid of the obvious marks where they had been). However, the IS Second Generation model has two small holes behind each of the badges. Don't know why, unless they are to aid alignment, but if you de-badge they'll be obvious unless you fill and paint them. Check the US OLC site for peeps that have done it.... :huh: