Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aristo Tt Trouble

mattanna

Keep forgetting about this section, have posted in gs300 too, my TT had an oil and coolant leak so took it to mkiv store, oil pressure sensor switch is leaking oil, has also developed rattle on start up, dip stick test showed no oil in bottom end(?oil strainer mesh) and big end shells have prob gone.Car has driven fine. Bill is going to be £2000, car is stock with 98,000 and have only had it 1 month, capital one will have to be dealing with this, ********.Where is the reliability of legend now eh? :angry:

Matt

Sorry to hear this mate, did the problems start after you got the car or do you think it was already a problem when you bought it?

Hope you get it all sorted mate anyway, fingers crossed for you!

Keep forgetting about this section, have posted in gs300 too, my TT had an oil and coolant leak so took it to mkiv store, oil pressure sensor switch is leaking oil, has also developed rattle on start up, dip stick test showed no oil in bottom end(?oil strainer mesh) and big end shells have prob gone.Car has driven fine. Bill is going to be £2000, car is stock with 98,000 and have only had it 1 month, capital one will have to be dealing with this, ********.Where is the reliability of legend now eh? :angry:

Matt

2 grand would be cheaper to buy a new engine and install it

Matt

2 grand would be cheaper to buy a new engine and install it

Apart from i could not install it myself as do not have equipment or know how, used engine at least a grand and no guarantee it won't go the same way

Sorry to hear this mate, did the problems start after you got the car or do you think it was already a problem when you bought it?

Did not have start up knock when i bought it, i have given it ome hammer though and driven it every day, and i think the bloke before used it only at weekends, always let engine warm up and cool down properly though, don't think it has been over 4000 rpm for some time!!

Did not have start up knock when i bought it, i have given it ome hammer though and driven it every day, and i think the bloke before used it only at weekends, always let engine warm up and cool down properly though, don't think it has been over 4000 rpm for some time!!

where exactly in warwickshire are you and a straight swap won't be that difficult just a bit frustrating at times due to seized nuts

where exactly in warwickshire are you and a straight swap won't be that difficult just a bit frustrating at times due to seized nuts

In Warwick but car is at mkiv store in Bristol, who i consider to be most knowledgeable person on these engines/cars that there is, i will run it past him re putting another engine in

cheers

Matt

Hi,

You might be better off with putting another engine in as there could be other problems with the damaged engine that might come to light a few more months down the line,what with labour charges etc it could be the better option.Most places where you buy S/H engines from will give you 30 days guaranty.

It does sound a little strange though like aido says how a month later the engines gone.

With another car i owned in the past,the guy took to oil pressure bulb out of the dash because it must have been coming on on idle.I didnt notice the lack of a oil warning light because all the warning lights went off when the engine was started.Like i say one month or less down the road i had to put another engine in it.It wasnt until i decided to swap the digital dash over to analogue clocks that i noticed the warning bulb had been taken out :angry:

It could be just bad luck with your car :unsure:

Id not be happy having to replace the engine after only one month of owning the car.

Chips.

Scooter had the car before me, and i have spoken to him, do not think he was aware and he only drive at weekends, whereas i have driven it every day and have given it some, don't think he had it above 4000 rpm, it is a shame but there you go, in my job as an Intensive care charge nurse i was looking after an 18 year old with terminal cancer i am sure he would have gladly swapped situations with me, i will put it down to experience, am having full engine rebuild now, see post in gs300 section

cheers

Matt