Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Got It

Infinity

Quick Post as the dearly beloved needs some attention now

First Impressions.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Nearly six months waiting fianally over. Picked up the car at 1.00pm this afternoon.

Chris at Lexus Newcastle was very good very attentive and gave us a full run down on the whole car this took nearly an hour and a half.

Drove off out of the hand-over room smiling like a cheshire cat, confident and happy.

Took it out for a little run (60 Miles) just to get a feel for her. Engine is very tight, im sure like all new cars it will need a couple of weeks to relax but performance is sharp even at this early stage, the car handles very nicely round the twisty stuff up in Northumberland turn in is really crisp and precise. We stopped at a pub and left it parked out in the open and sat in the beer garden so we could just people watch. Its soooooo good to see others admire youre new toys from afar.

Audio is wow as previously posted on another thread Jean Michell Jarre Aero in 5.1 is just fantastic, the sound stage is so wide and the ambience is just awesome. Bass is a little blunt but i expect that to crisp up as the sub is run in.

Seats very comfy even for a fat boy like me.

I find myslef running out of superlatives.

The wait has been well and truly worth it. Even my wife who is normally completly turned off by all cars admits its a beautiful machine and loves the air con seats and little blue Lexus logo's when you open the doors, she cant belive how quiet it is inside especially since the normal daily driver for the last 5 months has been a Ford Connect Van.

I liked my old IS200 Sport, the engine roar when you planted youre right foot, i kinda miss that feel

but he comfort is truly excellent.

I got a bit paranoid about rattles, and driving through the countryside got a nasty rattle around the drivers door my focus was pulled to just listening for things, so I turned off the audio for a while, after a couple of miles i realised the case from the CD i was playing was in the door pocket.

I hope this is as bad as it gets.

I had a little difficuly getting the Bluetooth to connect until i realised the pin number on my old headset was the same as the car, once changed it connected first time. Syncronised the entire contents of my SE P910i contacts list effortlessly. I work out in Dubai alot so most of my numbers have international dialing codes and i know some people have had problems with international codes but non here. I have 17 speed dials to choose from, which i think is enough for me, i also got Battery life and signal strength on the display.

Thats all for now, i will post more when i get a chance.

Sorry i hav'nt taken any pics yet but i plan to tommorrow and will post them up soon as i work out how.

Love it.

Infinity.............

Quick Post as the dearly beloved needs some attention now

First Impressions.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Love it.

Infinity.............

Nicely done. It's good to hear from someone who is so happy.

Glad you like your new beast,

but let me add to the choras of PICS

Sorry guys no pics yet, weather around here has been utterly foul

so will try tomorrow after a quick wash andd brush up.

Infinity.............

picked my is250 Auto up the other week, :D still love the way that when you get near the car the lights under the wing mirrors light up :blush: and the way the foot wells light up when you get in. :hehe:

small minds and all that! :blush: hope you enjoy as much as I have the past few days.

by the way still look in mirrors and see people either walking or passing in cars looking around.great feeling!!!

Looks like home...

That Tank Ave looks low... :tomato: :P

Too much exuberance no doubt... :hehe:

Feels like home.

Trying not to give it toooooo much but flick that lever to the right pull back twice and sink the right foot. Notch one forward at 6k and by the time you count to 10 im in the next county. :D

Has anyone actually read the owners manual fully, wow thats some big book.

Thats the first tank full and its mostly been round the doors, just clocked 120miles. I took my better half out for a run this afternoon down to Tynemouth, weather is just shocking. came back up the A189 and got wrong for going too fast in the wet. My wife is way too sensible.

Watched a poor guy loose the door off his Vauxhall Signum this aternoon, he openned it on a Polo when he was parked on a double yellow, the Polo took it clean off on Tynemouth Front Street. Polo nearside was shredded. I thought the old guy driving the Polo was going to pop a valve, ive never seen any one shake that much after a low speed crash. Poor fella i dont think he'd ever had a crash, and this one was'nt his fault.

My first post! I am collecting my IS250 SEL on Saturday. I can't wait. Any advice, warnings on things to watch out etc will be greatly appreciated.

Watch out for the start up procedure on the dash - you'll just keep doing it over and over :D

Yep the start up is great.

Also if the dealer shows you how to program the Nav make sure he also shows you how to cancel the destination. I drove around for an hour before i worked it out. :blink:

Check the paint throughly, i just had mine back to have the bonnet polished. and see if you can blag an extra set of dust caps (YOU WILL NEED THEM).

Enjoy your day.

Infinity.......

Yep the start up is great.

Also if the dealer shows you how to program the Nav make sure he also shows you how to cancel the destination. I drove around for an hour before i worked it out. :blink:

Check the paint throughly, i just had mine back to have the bonnet polished. and see if you can blag an extra set of dust caps (YOU WILL NEED THEM).

Enjoy your day.

Infinity.......

I just press the button and say 'Stop Guidance' ...works every time :duh:

That will be "Air Conditioner Off" in my car :whistling:

I said some random gibberish the other day and she answered back "System is showing Toyota Garages" - maybe I said some Japanese :D

I said some random gibberish the other day and she answered back "System is showing Toyota Garages" - maybe I said some Japanese :D

My car is taking its time to learn geordie, i dont thin there is one voice command that is working even simple ones get an unusual response. Telephone got "Showing all petrol stations" :hehe:

Geordie with a Japaneese acent Hmmmmm. worth a try.

My car is taking its time to learn geordie, i dont thin there is one voice command that is working even simple ones get an unusual response. Telephone got "Showing all petrol stations" :hehe:

Overall the Voice Activation is more useful then I thought it would be and we use it all the time now.

It took me weeks to find that cancel destination....I used to say "Route overview", then press route and press delete.

I use "Delete all destinations" which works too.

and then she asks you in an 'asking' way :blink: - "Delete all destinations?" and you can press enter :blush:

Sometimes though you speak slowly and purposefully, which confuses the 'eck out of her. She put's Ice Rink icons on. Oh dear...... :lol::tomato:

It is very good though. Some are too long winded for me. Like "Dial by name"...you then have to press 2-3 more buttons before you can dial...

Overall the Voice Activation is more useful then I thought it would be and we use it all the time now.

It took me weeks to find that cancel destination....I used to say "Route overview", then press route and press delete.

I use "Delete all destinations" which works too.

and then she asks you in an 'asking' way :blink: - "Delete all destinations?" and you can press enter :blush:

Sometimes though you speak slowly and purposefully, which confuses the 'eck out of her. She put's Ice Rink icons on. Oh dear...... :lol::tomato:

It is very good though. Some are too long winded for me. Like "Dial by name"...you then have to press 2-3 more buttons before you can dial...

When she gets a little confused the system reverts to the default answer which is is "Quick Access Destination 4 is not Registered" this seems to be the standard answer for everything.

There seem to be alot more commands than the car lists is there a list somewhere i cant find it in the book

i know the command list in the car has lots in but others come back as misheard requests which arent listed.

Infinity..............

There seem to be alot more commands than the car lists is there a list somewhere i cant find it in the book

i know the command list in the car has lots in but others come back as misheard requests which arent listed.

Infinity..............

I found a new one the other day which is "warmer" - turns the temp up by a couple of degress. Try as I might I can't get a "colder", "cooler", "chill" etc to work :duh:

Infinity..............

I found a new one the other day which is "warmer" - turns the temp up by a couple of degress. Try as I might I can't get a "colder", "cooler", "chill" etc to work :duh:

I got cooler to work today but only twice after that the defaualt answer took over again.

Cooler put the aircon temp to low.

If the climate control is in dual zone it only applies the drivers side. is their a command for the passenger side.

I think we need a new thread for voice commands that work.

I got cooler to work today but only twice after that the defaualt answer took over again.

How did you say it ... were there any inflections or accent, loud or soft :D

Maybe Lexus can provide a phonetic dictionary for their Sat Nav system.