Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mid Carlack, Quick Question

Roonaldo

I bought some carlack 68 systematic care polish, the AIO one, and also some P21S wax.

Do I need to leave 24 hrs between the sytematic care application and applying the wax or not. Its not the sealant glaze, just the polish stuff?

Cheers

I bought some carlack 68 systematic care polish, the AIO one, and also some P21S wax.

Do I need to leave 24 hrs between the sytematic care application and applying the wax or not. Its not the sealant glaze, just the polish stuff?

Cheers

All In One (AIO) is a mildly abrasive chemical cleaner, so there is no cure time-use your P21S as soon as the AIO is dry (you'll like the P21S shine etc)

Cheers

All In One (AIO) is a mildly abrasive chemical cleaner, so there is no cure time-use your P21S as soon as the AIO is dry (you'll like the P21S shine etc)

Actually the instructions for CL68 AIO state it needs 20 minutes to cure (starts after 3 minutes). It is a chemical cleaner polish (milky soft rather then grainy hard), and apparently totally non abrasive, again according to the notes. It claims that due to this you can apply it as many times as you like (noting that it will remove all wax when you do).

Your P21S is non abrasive too, and I reckon once you've buffed out the AIO, you can apply P21 wax. Just remember though that the Carnauba wax is soft, and this needs 24 hours before each subsequent application. Ideally you need to reapply 2-3 coats first time, then one coat every 2-3 washes, once a month. Also, when you buff it out, don't keep buffing once you get the shine - you'll probably remove it again!!

That way it'll repell everything (salt, bugs, etc).

I know what you mean by "shiniest". I reckon it looks better than showroom new when you P21S'd it!! Just watch the way rain bounces clean off!

I did the AIO, Long Life Acryl Wax (3 coats) and then 3 coats os P21S Carnauba. The car looked outstanding!! Now just a quick coat of P21S every 2 washes and it looks a million $!