Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Changing A Gs300/aristo Upper Wishbone

tempo

Just mail ordered a used passenger's side upper wishbone for my aristo. am planning on fitting it myself. just wanted to know if there is anything i have to do apart from undoing the bolts.

post-1493-1157184364.jpg

Just mail ordered a used passenger's side upper wishbone for my aristo. am planning on fitting it myself. just wanted to know if there is anything i have to do apart from undoing the bolts.

post-1493-1157184364.jpg

not 100% but i think thats a ball joint so you will need a ball joint splitter i would also advise a very long grolley bar to aid removal ;)

Hi,

Its a straight forward enough job to change them :)

It took me around a hour to do both sides on my car last year.

jack the car up on the chassis square rail which runs along underneath the whole of the side of the car (handbrake on ;) )

Take the front wheel off and the upper wishbone is at the top under the wheel arch.

It will be worth spraying all 3 bolts with WD40 the day before to pre soak the bolts and spray the bolts again before you try to undo them.

It might also be worth having a block of wood say like a tree stump the ones you`d put a xmas tree in,when the nuts are off you will have to push the bolts through to release the end with the two bolt holes thats bolted to the body of the car.The bolts could be tight to push through so to take the pressure off them put the block of wood under where the wheel bolts onto the suspension and lower the jack thats holding the car up down slowly and check the upper wishbone bolts until they are easier to push through.Hope you follow this so far :D :unsure:

Then like legendswraith is saying the last part to get off is the bolt from the suspension wheel part.

Because youve bought a S/H part it would be worth checking the wishbone youve taken off up again the new one to make show there the same shape,because i think there different from driverside to passenger side.

Putting the new one on,id bolt the two ends up to the car body first as they need to be lined up and its easier to do that with no loading on them from the suspension.

Hope thats of help Tempo.

Chips.

He's just gone out to get a splitter, all bolts removed, new one should be on within the hour, been talking him through repair on the phone.

As usual Alan, spot on on the strip down mate.

Thanks Alan. i was under the car when you posted. i have been on the phone to norkep all along. he is a wiz kid. i have changed my passengers side but it took me longer than it took you Alan. am now trying to adjust my hand brake.

post-1493-1157303883.jpg

Hi,

Job well done by the looks of it :)

No worries about how long it takes,its about doing it right :D

If youve got the time maybe you could do a write up on hand brake adjusting.Thats something ive not had to do yet,id find that useful in the near future :winky:

Fairplay to having ago at changing the wishbones yourself B)

You know theres always help at hand on here or over the phone.

Ive phoned Paul a few times about car problems with my car and there nothing so far he doesnt know about the Aristo B)

Does the car feel any better to drive now?

I noticed strange handling if i was pushing on in the corners before i changed the wishbones.

Chips.

Awww Shucks, :blush::lol:

Footbrake is easy, bit of a bugger to do what with the exhausts etc... in the way, I'm sure Syd will have a better understanding afterwards :lol:

Between us we should be able to do a step by step of the Footbrake adjustment, think Syd can provide the piccs

Think the picc above is off the knackered one incase anyone spots the lacking bolt and pin :winky:

Thanks Alan and paul. i gave up on the footbrake adjuster as it was a pain to adjust. i need a spanner with a wrench at the end as there is restricted movement under the car.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links