Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Speed Cameras On Rx400 Satnav ?

Not really possible without major software & wiring mods. The GPS antenna is about the only thing in common between the two systems.

Software protocols are entirely different which is only the start of the problem as I don't know of a unit that has any form of video/picture output.

So you have a product without an input and one without an output......not a good start!

Not really possible without major software & wiring mods. The GPS antenna is about the only thing in common between the two systems.

Software protocols are entirely different which is only the start of the problem as I don't know of a unit that has any form of video/picture output.

So you have a product without an input and one without an output......not a good start!

think there is a missunderstanding here. he means warning of radarbox installations like the TOM TOM TO GO is doing.

• 7 months later...

Hi folks,

This is about an interesting product I have just found and I think it will satisfy a lot of demands that factory built nav systems will never do.

It is called NavNGo Limousine. I did not find a lot of info on the Net in English but for sure it is coming. It is planned to be released to the market in the coming months.

This is an additional PDA-like computer without its own screen that can be wired to factory installed screens in different cars, like the one in the Lexus. Hope they will release the Lexus connection kit, too.

This computer will run a software called iGo that currently offers the most advanced Western- Mid- and Eastern European map coverage including all those countries that are not even planned for many major car manufacturers to be released in their factory provided map softwaren in the next few years.

The country coverage might not be interesting for those using only the Western European roads, however the additional features of the software will surely appeal to many of us. I am talking about Internet updateable SPEED CAMERA warning (like in TomTom) or 3D view of the road (also like in TomTom and others). For details on this check the current iGO software function list.

Unfortunately the touch screen will not work in any models (according to current unit). Instead, they will provide a straightforward remote control.

You can find the company website and a short article about NavNGo Limousine here:

http://www.navngo.com/en/cebit/index.php

The following article is unfortunately in Hungarian, but the pictures speak for themselves.

http://www.pdamania.hu/content/8045/

The picture showing the Western European coverage is the one of the factory installed nav system in the test car. All other pictures are the NavNGo display screenshots.

Another place with pictures:

http://www.vezess.hu/picture.php?nr=2&...10&idx=9716

In case these links would die, try Google the following: NavNGo Limousine

Hope this system will be available soon to all of us. It is planned to be released this year. The initial price will be around 6-700 Euro. I have no news about what this price would include apart from the main unit, the satnav receiver, cables, remote and software. The system will not be available in shops. The company plans to distribute it through companies that install aftermarket satnav systems.

Hope this will make many of you excited about the new possibilities, especially speed camera warnings.

Does anyone know if it possible to download speed cameras onto an RX400h Satnav ?

The technology must be available as the system will show accidents and road hold ups?

Any ideas ?

Gazman :zee:

My RX400 satnav seems to have a few special POIs called "Traffic Equipment" - didn't realise what they were until I passed a GATSO on the A316 near Twickenham.... They also show the London Congestion Charging Cameras. My car is a Jan 06 on a 55 plate with what looks like 2006 software.

Do others have the same?

Jonathan

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone tried one of these?

http://www.talex.co.uk/talexlite/

It's a device about the size of a pack of playing cards that sites on the dash.

It retails for about £90 and it knows where all the speed cameras are and (I think) it knows what the speed limit is on a given road. You get a warning as you approach a spee camera.

I was thinking of getting one and placing it on the right hand side of the dash and fixing it's power cord under the steering wheel and into the power socket (in between the driver and passenger seats).

But now I'm a bit worried about fowling the airbags. Especially as the the RX300 manual mentions the words airbag and death in the same sentence, several times.

Any thoughts?

Fabben

• 2 weeks later...

When I travel off my patch and want to be warned about cameras,I mount my Road Angel Navigator 6000 to the vent on the right side of the steering wheel and it has a continuous display of my speed(GPS derived) and warns me of any fixed cameras plus sites of other non-fixed cameras.Being vent mounted there are no suckers on the screen(although it comes with standard screen mounting sucker).

It has an in-built power source,so as long as you have charged it there is no need for wires to connect it up.

As I have Sat Nav in the Lexus I do not use the sat nav facility on the Road angel in the Lexus,but my other car does not have sat nav,so I do use it there.

Overall,I am happy with the RA Nav 6000.

Criticisms-Sat Nav isn't great,so I'm glad it isn't my primary system,and it is slow to start up and gain a GPS signal.

But if you are looking for a wire free solution,which is easy to vent mount,fully portable,at about £170 from Halfrauds,it is worth a look.Also have recently come out with RA Nav 7000,but I don't know anything about this.

• 2 months later...
Does anyone know if it possible to download speed cameras onto an RX400h Satnav ?

The technology must be available as the system will show accidents and road hold ups?

Any ideas ?

Gazman :zee:

My RX400 satnav seems to have a few special POIs called "Traffic Equipment" - didn't realise what they were until I passed a GATSO on the A316 near Twickenham.... They also show the London Congestion Charging Cameras. My car is a Jan 06 on a 55 plate with what looks like 2006 software.

Do others have the same?

Jonathan

Whats this!? "Traffic Equipment" is that an option then?

I have no traffic information option in my POI! :(

Do you get the Trafficmaster info? My sat nav gets the feed of traffic & road works info - I can't remember how it's switched on but it just works.

My car is an RX400 SE on a late 55 plate, the 06 model.

It doesn't show all speed cams - just sometimes!

I have no traffic information option in my POI! :(

Do you get the Trafficmaster info? My sat nav gets the feed of traffic & road works info - I can't remember how it's switched on but it just works.

My car is an RX400 SE on a late 55 plate, the 06 model.

It doesn't show all speed cams - just sometimes!

Yes, I have that on, I see queues and road works etc....

I will look in there.

• 2 weeks later...