Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Fuel Economy

I've been doing around 160miles on half a tank of normal unleaded, mainly driving around town and short runs (no motorway driving or runs over 1.5hours). The car is driven hard some of the time so I'm not always driving at 50mph in 6th, :P just wondering if I'm getting the economy that i should be from my IS200?

What sort of distance are you all getting from a tank of petrol?

that sounds about right, mine is about the same on round town/short runs, and mines an auto.

On a long run, with cruise on i have got over 300 miles on approx 3/4 tank, it worked out to an average of 35 mpg.

You cant really get an accurate figure from what the fuel guage says.

Hope this helps

John

Yep similar here too, my auto gives me 300-320 miles to a tank - all around town with a bit of A-road now and then - roughly about 20-22mpg i think :sick:

What really hurt was going back after having an IS250 courtesy car for a week - so much faster, and still gave 26-27mpg :crybaby:

Yep thats about what i get.

It does get a LOT better if it has a long run.

It does!

I get around 330 off a tank for 'normal' use - but make a monthly run to Watford and back so it's all motorway and I get around 420miles from a tank!

For me, the economy has always been the biggest let down of the car - but 6cyl, 6speed should we expect any better?

I've always wondered what the 4cyl Altezza version would do.

Slightly different answer - I have filled mine up 11 times since purchase

First column is trip mpg

Second column is overall mpg

34.68 34.68

31.64 33.12

25.89 31.07

28.18 30.03

29.16 29.80

28.65 29.56

27.11 29.21

27.78 28.99

28.17 28.89

29.62 28.96

30.21 29.08

Sad that I have such accurate figures eh?

hi

i get 300 miles on 3/4 of a tank using BP ultimate in my manual IS200.

I do 2 x 8mile trips too and from work a day then go out at weekends, work trips normally 55-60mph with steady pull aways.

weekends i wake up a bit :winky:

Heres a handy website for MPG

http://www.robinwhite.fsnet.co.uk/conv/mpg...bmit2=Calculate

Aaron

I've always wondered what the 4cyl Altezza version would do.

I get about 22 from the Tezza on normal "running around" on mixed types of roads, I got about 25 from the IS on the same journey. Can't do a tank comparison as the Tezza has 10 litres less in a full tank.

Just got back from a holiday in Scotland with both cars, we covered over 2000 miles. The IS was noticeably better on consumption on each fill up by about 10%. The Tezza was returning about 27 mpg, it is a fair comparison as both cars travelled together so the speeds and conditions were identical.

Thanks for the replies :) , It's good to know that I'm getting the MPG i should be.

Checked out that website Aaron thanks for that one it's pretty usefull. Apparently Ultimate etc is meant to give you more MPG, has anyone actually noticed any increase in MPG compared to the extra price you pay for the petrol itself or does it just "even out"?.

I have found i get a little better from Optimax, but never tried BP as its 10p more a Ltr where i am.

Morning, (first post)

just been checking out the MPG and mine does about the same But with one major differance, I have mine on LPG. :o

I put about £10 unleaded (96.9p) and £10 LPG (39.6p) in to test out the miles that i will get.

Local/mixed A roads run unleaded = 48 miles

Local / mixed A roads run LPG = 100 miles

mortor way driving Unleaded = 55 miles

Mortor wat driving LPG = 110 miles

all the above was with a tenners with of juice (Petrol . LPG)

I alswas wanted a Lexus, but was put off the MPG figures, so when this one came up with and LPG installation i could not miss it. :D

Has anybody got a Lexus here with LPG? need some advise please? :question:

Dibs

Best I have ever done with 75% motorway driving is 387 mls and was driving about 30 mls with the warning light on. I think I was probably on fumes at that point. Don't know what size the reserve tank on the 200 is (anyone?)

Think you've got 10 or 15 litres in the IS when the light comes on?

Worst I ever got was around 200-210 miles to a tankful but that was some good old fashioned spirited driving :lol:

He will correct me but I think Chris Shipley once managed 500 miles to a tankful in his supercharged IS, that was all motorway driving though I think?

I thought the IS was bad but the Aristo can drink petrol like it's going out of fashion if you put your foot down!

Moat I got was 440 Miles Motorway and A road driving combined and was very careful with the pedal!

That was on a full tank but when I refuelled i could only put £60 in the tank, as the tank is 70 Litres so i take it the reserve tank is approx 10 Litres!

Puresilk - I reckon you're right. I've run mine to just below the empty line a few times and it takes 60 litres to fill it again, so the reserve must be 10 litres.

If I take it easy with my IS200 SE I get about 440 miles to the tank, so around 33 mpg. My journey is usually mixed between 20 miles motorway and a 3 mile traffic jam each day (M8 in Glasgow).

I've had a wee fuel economy calc on my site for a while. In addition to working out MPG it also stores a wee fuel ecomony "league table". Feel free to give it a go and add your figures if you like...

http://www.grantgibson.co.uk/misc/fuel-economy-calculator/

Cheers,

Grant.

Puresilk - I reckon you're right. I've run mine to just below the empty line a few times and it takes 60 litres to fill it again, so the reserve must be 10 litres.

If I take it easy with my IS200 SE I get about 440 miles to the tank, so around 33 mpg. My journey is usually mixed between 20 miles motorway and a 3 mile traffic jam each day (M8 in Glasgow).

I've had a wee fuel economy calc on my site for a while. In addition to working out MPG it also stores a wee fuel ecomony "league table". Feel free to give it a go and add your figures if you like...

http://www.grantgibson.co.uk/misc/fuel-economy-calculator/

Cheers,

Grant.

Nice site Grant, thanks for the Calc. :)

Its good news today as petrol prices are tumbling to less than 89p a litre then, and still falling. :D :D :D

Infinity...........

I've noticed Shell petrol seems to be allot cheaper than BP at the moment

• 2 weeks later...