Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 250 2007

alpappy

I see the Lexus US site is describing cars sold now as 2007. Any idea what the spec changes are..and are we likely to see them over here

ALan

AFAIK:

* Shark fin radio antenna.

* Illuminated petrol and boot release switches.

* Ability to switch of VDIM.

* Some new/changed colours e.g. metallic black.

Of course, there is no guarantee that we will get the above in the UK spec.

Doesn't the new IS currently have no external antenna? I quite like the shark fin ones, but prefer none at all. Is there a problem with reception, can't see why they'd put it on otherwise :duh:

About time there was a metallic black though...... :)

Doesn't the new IS currently have no external antenna? I quite like the shark fin ones, but prefer none at all. Is there a problem with reception, can't see why they'd put it on otherwise :duh:

:whistling: - Met Black would be great on this car.

There is no reception problem that I've found and there is no visible antenna. Haven't looked closely enough but some makes (Audi) have the antenna for the Radio built into the rear screen heater, recognised by Vertical "elements". Like Scott says it could be for some markets, but I can't see the point.

I suppose some people would stick it on to make it look 2007... :shutit: more bling effect!!

PS - other thing to note is that VDIM is only on the IS350, 250AWD and IS220d Sport as far as I know.

There is no reception problem that I've found and there is no visible antenna. Haven't looked closely enough but some makes (Audi) have the antenna for the Radio built into the rear screen heater, recognised by Vertical "elements". Like Scott says it could be for some markets, but I can't see the point.

I suppose some people would stick it on to make it look 2007... :shutit: more bling effect!!

PS - other thing to note is that VDIM is only on the IS350, 250AWD and IS220d Sport as far as I know.

Dealer confirmed no new spec for UK cars at the moment..just hope build quality is better alan

Isn't the shark fin the antenna for the pressure sensors on the tyres, including the one on the spare? :unsure: I read this on the US site, but thought it unlikely as the 2006 IS350 has pressure sensors and no shark fin.