Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stolen Keys

We just had a key stolen (amongst other things) for our 98 GS300.

So we would like if someone could advise how to re-program the immobilser and remaining key fob with a new code so the stolen key can no longer work.

I have read the re-code post on this site - but I am unclear if this simply puts existing code from car on new key fob - meaning stolen key would still work, or if the code on car and key would both change and so stolen key would no longer work.

Please could someone help. Also does it have to be done to the valet key as well?

Many thanks

Not entirely sure about the GS, but I would have thought it's possible, as when my IS was stolen and recovered, all the keys and locks were replaced, and my old keys don't work anymore - so the codes have been changed.

Have you tried this?

The procedure is as follows:

1). With driver's door open put programmed key into ignition, do not turn, then remove it.

2). Within 40 seconds:

Press LOCK and then UNLOCK on driver's door switch 5 times at 1 second intervals.

Close and open driver's door.

3). Within 40 seconds:

Press LOCK and then UNLOCK on driver's door switch 5 times at 1 second intervals.

Insert key into ignition and switch ON and OFF:

once to keep original remotes,

twice to erase original remotes.

Remove key from ignition.

System will now lock and unlock:

once if originals kept,

twice if originals erased.

4). Within 40 seconds:

Press LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on remote simultaneously for 1.5 seconds.

Within 3 seconds press any button on remote for 1 second.

Locks should then lock and unlock once.

If locks lock and unlock twice restart procedure.

5). Within 40 seconds:

Repeat step 4 for additional remotes up to a maximum of 4.

To exit programming insert key into ignition or close driver's door.

As Steve says, I'd say hide the car and sort getting the locks changed. How was the key stolen? Was it just chance or was it somewhere where they could have scoped the car out first?

Not entirely sure about the GS, but I would have thought it's possible, as when my IS was stolen and recovered, all the keys and locks were replaced, and my old keys don't work anymore - so the codes have been changed.

Have you tried this?

The procedure is as follows:

1). With driver's door open put programmed key into ignition, do not turn, then remove it.

2). Within 40 seconds:

Close and open driver's door.

3). Within 40 seconds:

Insert key into ignition and switch ON and OFF:

once to keep original remotes,

twice to erase original remotes.

Remove key from ignition.

System will now lock and unlock:

once if originals kept,

twice if originals erased.

4). Within 40 seconds:

Press LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on remote simultaneously for 1.5 seconds.

Within 3 seconds press any button on remote for 1 second.

Locks should then lock and unlock once.

If locks lock and unlock twice restart procedure.

5). Within 40 seconds:

Repeat step 4 for additional remotes up to a maximum of 4.

To exit programming insert key into ignition or close driver's door.

As Steve says, I'd say hide the car and sort getting the locks changed. How was the key stolen? Was it just chance or was it somewhere where they could have scoped the car out first?

Many thanks for reponse, above seems to explain how to to re-programm the key's code . But does that mean the stolen key buttoms will not work anymore ? or that would only be if the cars code was also changed? and if so how to do that? I need to male sure the stolen key can no longer start the car by changing the immobilser code.

(Theft as just chance.). changing locks would surely not help if stolen key can still unlock with the button?

Help from those who know about this is greatly appreciated

Many thanks for reponse, above seems to explain how to to re-programm the key's code . But does that mean the stolen key buttoms will not work anymore ? or that would only be if the cars code was also changed? and if so how to do that? I need to male sure the stolen key can no longer start the car by changing the immobilser code.

(Theft as just chance.). changing locks would surely not help if stolen key can still unlock with the button?

As the post says, if you switch on and off twice, it erases the original remotes - then you can add the keys you still have back on and the stolen one shouldn't work anymore

When the locks are changed, you'll get new keys as well and the dealer will reprogram the whole thing rendering the old keys useless, but your car will be secure again :)

As the post says, if you switch on and off twice, it erases the original remotes - then you can add the keys you still have back on and the stolen one shouldn't work anymore

When the locks are changed, you'll get new keys as well and the dealer will reprogram the whole thing rendering the old keys useless, but your car will be secure again :)

many thanks

I did and the car responded as per the above.

Doe this now mean the valet key is not usable anymore?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links