Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi everyone

I'm new here but I've had my 94 mark 2 LS400 for 4 weeks now :)

Does it have a lsd? It seems to have loads of grip from the back but I remember my friends Dads old one (maybe a mark 1) losing traction quite easily :huh: I am so impressed with the grip but I didn't expect it to grip so well.

Anyway here's my car :)

ls400frontdriversside.jpg

Hi everyone

I'm new here but I've had my 94 mark 2 LS400 for 4 weeks now :)

Does it have a lsd? It seems to have loads of grip from the back but I remember my friends Dads old one (maybe a mark 1) losing traction quite easily :huh: I am so impressed with the grip but I didn't expect it to grip so well.

Anyway here's my car :)

ls400frontdriversside.jpg

Nice shine!

The answer is...No. Only the Ser 4 (FINALLY, after US models had it from day one) have Traction control..and VSC. The main reason I switched from a lovely Ser 3, having spun a littleonce,. Watch that foot; there's plenty of power TOO easily available!

Only the Ser 4 (FINALLY, after US models had it from day one) have Traction control

Are you serious, so a 1994/95 car like that one doesn't have traction control? That is quite shocking :o

Nice car though, looks in great condition :winky:

I didn't know that the series 1s had narrower tyres, I guess it is down to that :)

Hi and Welcome to the LOC :)

Hope you stick around.

Very clean LS400 you have there B)

How are you getting on with your new car?

What did you have before if you dont mind me asking to compare it to?

Chips.

It is super clean and the mileage is good too I think, I paid good money for it considering that it's a 2 so hopefully it'll look after me.

I love the car, I've been after one for about 10 years since I drove my first one :wub: It is everything I thought it would be but what I didn't expect was to get one in this condition. Everything works and is mint apart from 1 thing being missing from the toolkit (no idea what) and the clock and aircon displays being black.

My previous cars have always been fast cars of one description or another but the closest I'd got to anything like this was my old Carlton gsi's, these don't suffer with rust the same though :D My previous car was this.

detangoed2.jpg

You can't compare a LS400 to that :lol: That was amazing and fast but this does that too plus it does it comfortably :)

I didn't know that the series 1s had narrower tyres, I guess it is down to that :)

Hi and Welcome to the LOC :)

Hope you stick around.

Very clean LS400 you have there B)

How are you getting on with your new car?

What did you have before if you dont mind me asking to compare it to?

Chips.

It is super clean and the mileage is good too I think, I paid good money for it considering that it's a 2 so hopefully it'll look after me.

I love the car, I've been after one for about 10 years since I drove my first one :wub: It is everything I thought it would be but what I didn't expect was to get one in this condition. Everything works and is mint apart from 1 thing being missing from the toolkit (no idea what) and the clock and aircon displays being black.

My previous cars have always been fast cars of one description or another but the closest I'd got to anything like this was my old Carlton gsi's, these don't suffer with rust the same though :D My previous car was this.

detangoed2.jpg

You can't compare a LS400 to that :lol: That was amazing and fast but this does that too plus it does it comfortably :)

Hi,

My imported 1994 LS400 Celsior has traction control fitted and is running on maxgrad 255/40/17's on the rear not sure if it has an lsd though.

I still have to be careful coming off roundabouts in the wet if it kicks down on the exit corner the back end still twitches!

By the way I bet the item missing from your toolkit is the penlight torch it normally is!

Cheers,

Steve

Most cars in 1994 didn't have traction control!

I was comparing to the Merc S-class which had traction control since 1992 :whistling:

My previous car was this.

detangoed2.jpg

Please forgive my ignorance, but what is that? :blink::tomato:

Most cars in 1994 didn't have traction control!

I was comparing to the Merc S-class which had traction control since 1992 :whistling:

well, the ls400/celsior had traction control from 1989 when it was launched in US and japanese markets but not in the UK!

well, the ls400/celsior had traction control from 1989 when it was launched in US and japanese markets but not in the UK!

That's even more shocking, why on earth would they remove it for the UK market? :blink:

Are we all much more sensible drivers or something? :lol:

That's even more shocking, why on earth would they remove it for the UK market? :blink:

It's not like we have rain and bad weather is it :rolleyes: Another case of Japan robbing the spec that they give to the rest of the world :(

It's not like we have rain and bad weather is it :rolleyes: Another case of Japan robbing the spec that they give to the rest of the world :(

I still have the original 'Car' magazine reviews/tests and this was hi-lighted. As to WHY....who knows. Would seem odd to REMOVE a feature that rest of world had on identical car!