Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hpi Check

Purvesh

i have seen ones at 9.99

but its not that advanced as a full hpi.. but gives enough info.

there is also one you can do by sms... when viewing cars you simply text the reg plate to a number and a few mins later a report is sent back.. on the fly.

I PAID £20 WITH RAC for a main HPI Check about a month back all clear:

Check you want to find out are:-

is the Car Stolen, Written Off, ever Involved in a Accident or has Finance outstanding on it. Engine number, chassis number (spelling :blush: ) and number of owners etc. Note ask if the car was on a Private Plate at all.. V-important. :winky:

RAC told me it has outstanding Finance for Lexus limited. gave me the number of the company (Toyota Finance Ltd- Lexus Division). Rang them up and confirm it with the very helpful staff, told then the Reg, nothing on the system :tsktsk: then remembered that it was on a Private Plate and hey presto up came all the details . Luckily it was all been cleared off and that they have not got round to updating the systems. He did right away. :)

I Rang RAC back-up again and told them that Lexus confirm that it is clear, so why they are telling me different> She re-did the HPI and sent me out a new clear report. :D

Moral of story, do some digging round your self and ring around; like Finance companies (if still on the system) Ring the Service centre up check mileage, last serviced, and all important timing belt changed

Note any Registration number changes.

Ring the last owner if poss to confirm the Mileage, any dints or minor problems that you can think off

Sorry for the long post mate, but it helps :yawn:

Dibs

Thanks for all the replies.

What I don't quite understand is how the accident history information is obtained from the HPI check?

Do all the insurance companies relay all known claims against that vehicle to a central database or something. How do they ensure the number of accidents is complete and none have been omitted? :unsure:

Thanks for all the replies.

What I don't quite understand is how the accident history information is obtained from the HPI check?

Do all the insurance companies relay all known claims against that vehicle to a central database or something. How do they ensure the number of accidents is complete and none have been omitted? :unsure:

They dont mate.

There are a lot of cars on the road that have been involved in smashes that even a hpi doesnt bring up because the owner never told the insurance.

Also there is a little loop hole which some traders take advatage of and pass of cat d and e damaged cars after being fixed as brand new. :shifty:

I paid £39.99 a year back for a FULL hpi.

Even told me about police interest in the vehicle.

That sounds interesting mate, what sort of information was in the police interest section?