Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is350 -uk?

Hartford

Hi I'm new here

I was impressed with a Toyota Avalon in the US (hired from Hertz) & believe it's a Lexus type car. So I've started looking at Lexus's in the UK. The similar model seems to be the IS350 but this is not sold in the UK. Does anyone know if & when the IS350 is being released in the UK?

Regards

Hartford

Hi I'm new here

I was impressed with a Toyota Avalon in the US (hired from Hertz) & believe it's a Lexus type car. So I've started looking at Lexus's in the UK. The similar model seems to be the IS350 but this is not sold in the UK. Does anyone know if & when the IS350 is being released in the UK?

Regards

Hartford

There are currently no plans to bring the IS350 over here - not sure if it will stay that way but its just the IS250 for now.

The Avalon appears to sit between the IS250 and IS350 powerwise though so you may be happy with the 250 :)

I'm confused - maybe I need to do a 'net search...

Are you saying the Avalon is like the new or old IS? I thought the new IS was a global Lexus, not a Toyota?

Incidentally, I've found the first Toyata label on my new IS - for the Coolant!!

PS - OK - just seen a picture - looks more Toyota Camry than a Lexus IS...and bigger than an IS...

Hi Parthiban

Thanks. On the IS250 it's the rear passenger room that's bothering me at present but I'll have to visit a Lexus dealer rather than read up the reviews.

The IS250 and IS350 are the same car, just different engines - if you need more room, perhaps the GS is a better choice?

I'm confused - maybe I need to do a 'net search...

Are you saying the Avalon is like the new or old IS? I thought the new IS was a global Lexus, not a Toyota?

Incidentally, I've found the first Toyata label on my new IS - for the Coolant!!

PS - OK - just seen a picture - looks more Toyota Camry than a Lexus IS...and bigger than an IS...

There's also Toyota labels on the windscreen where the heat sensors are located (bottom right methinks)

Those prices are $USD....... :blink:

Oh no I didn't mean compared to us (give me a little credit :P ), but just checked the dimensions, and its only slightly larger than an IS - has a bit more rear legroom, otherwise practically the same size car.

So then comparing prices (excluding taxes):

Fully loaded Avalon - $38000

Equivalent IS350 - $42000

(These prices do actually want to make me throw up though :sick: )

Then factor in that the Avalon's 3.5V6 produces 268hp, and the IS350 produces 306hp........

I have absolutely no idea why anyone would buy the ugly Toyota instead of the Lexus :blink: :D

Those prices are $USD....... :blink:

Oh no I didn't mean compared to us (give me a little credit :P ), but just checked the dimensions, and its only slightly larger than an IS - has a bit more rear legroom, otherwise practically the same size car.

So then comparing prices (excluding taxes):

Fully loaded Avalon - $38000

Equivalent IS350 - $42000

(These prices do actually want to make me throw up though :sick: )

Then factor in that the Avalon's 3.5V6 produces 268hp, and the IS350 produces 306hp........

I have absolutely no idea why anyone would buy the ugly Toyota instead of the Lexus :blink: :D

what do you think looks ugly ?

i quite like it

i think the bumpers probably look like the extended USA ones

seems to have a few more features than our IS220/250`s have as well

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links