Mr Flibble

sort out your exhaust system

get yourself a cat back exhaust

get the midsection de-cated

de-cat your manifold or buy an after market 1

maybe a induction kit or performance filter

then get yourself a camcon fitted

that will get you on the road to a few extra horses

Cheers Daza, :) Was loooking at the Prolex exhaust, is there any way i can improve the BHP without a supercharger or turbo? I'm not expecting a great increase in power.

that's pretty much the route I'm takin righ tnow...

ordered the Kazama & the camcon, workin out some induction mod (CDA clone) and we'll see if i can tell the difference!

really, I'm not after big hp, I'd just like to have the car respond a little quicked.

:)

sort out your exhaust system

get yourself a cat back exhaust

get the midsection de-cated

de-cat your manifold or buy an after market 1

maybe a induction kit or performance filter

then get yourself a camcon fitted

that will get you on the road to a few extra horses

Thanks for the advice Robin, If i bought the Prolex Kazama exhaust and manifold, K&N filter. How'd i go about getting midsection de-cated and would this affect insurance or MOT exhaust fumes etc? probably sounds like a stupid question but I'm no Guru with cars.

What does a Camcon do?, sounds expensive.

Cheers Daza, :) Was loooking at the Prolex exhaust, is there any way i can improve the BHP without a supercharger or turbo? I'm not expecting a great increase in power.

that's pretty much the route I'm takin righ tnow...

ordered the Kazama & the camcon, workin out some induction mod (CDA clone) and we'll see if i can tell the difference!

really, I'm not after big hp, I'd just like to have the car respond a little quicked.

:)

How much did you pay for a Camcon? please let me know how it goes via PM. :)

If you have the main cat off, you'll get the engine warning light come on now and again. A solution for this should be on the way. You'll also have to get it put back on for MOT time. If you've not got forced induction or getting it then I don't think its worth you taking off the main cat anyway. Maybe get a performance / sport cat fitted??

As for the camcon. Do a search mate. There is a guy on here who had one fitted to his normally aspirated IS by TDI and has a the figures / graphs showing increase. TDI also fitted my camcon and its an excellent piece of kit , definately worth getting one fitted and mapped correctly. I've got figures and graphs for mine too but I've got F/I.

Camcon is not that expensive to fit / map :winky:

If you have the main cat off, you'll get the engine warning light come on now and again. A solution for this should be on the way. You'll also have to get it put back on for MOT time. If you've not got forced induction or getting it then I don't think its worth you taking off the main cat anyway. Maybe get a performance / sport cat fitted??

As for the camcon. Do a search mate. There is a guy on here who had one fitted to his normally aspirated IS by TDI and has a the figures / graphs showing increase. TDI also fitted my camcon and its an excellent piece of kit , definately worth getting one fitted and mapped correctly. I've got figures and graphs for mine too but I've got F/I.

Camcon is not that expensive to fit / map :winky:

I definitely agree except for the tuning cost of the camcon. I guess it all depends on how much (or how little) you are going to pay for dyno time... I guess the $$$ can add up to a relevant figure before you get a decent setup, and if you consider the HP it's gonna give you, you might find yourself deluded.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I just bought one! :D

I definitely agree except for the tuning cost of the camcon. I guess it all depends on how much (or how little) you are going to pay for dyno time...

I had mine fitted by TDI and don't agree with the comment highlighted above unless you fitted yours yourself or used a different company

I was quoted 3 price's by TDI

1.price of unit

2.price of unit plus fitting

3.price of unit plus fitting plus dyno time

so I knew what the end price before even spending a penny :D

as for the money I think this is 1 of the best mods going at the moment

I had mine fitted by TDI and don't agree with the comment highlighted above unless you fitted yours yourself or used a different company...

I haven't installed it yet as it has not arrived to my door, so technically I shouldn't even talk about it without having some first hand experience :blush: . I therefore apologize if it sounded like I'm misleading or givin bad advices - I was merely stating what I've learned/aquainted in this and other toyota sites, as before buing the lil' box I tried to gather as much info as possible.

apparently the guys at TDI know how to tune the camcon in a decent time, and I'm glad you Robin had the luck to deal with them. But not everyone can have access to the same resources... :crybaby:

Maybe we should also point out that the gain on the RS200 are way more noticeable than on the whimpy IS200, but still I'm talkin earsay.. I'll see what I can do with mine, just wanted to help show all the pro and cons of this mod.

Get it back on topic....

You will only need an oil cooler if:

1) You are pulling a caravan or trailer

2) Putting out some serious horsepower

Agreed Mr Morse apart from the towing bit, maybe a tranny fluid cooler there.

On the original question, an oil cooler will not increase power output on any engine, but like you say Mike it may be needed if you increase HP to levels where the oil heats up so much that it can't cool in the sump before being re-circulated.

Alternatively go for a thicker oil like a 10W-60 :D