Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Everyone,

Just checking engine levels today and removed a clip on cover near to the windscreen wiper motor ( rhs near bulkhead) Under this cover is a small cylinder about 6" long with a brake type pipe emergiging from it and a warning regarding it contains presurised nitrogen.

Can anyone please tell me what this is for?

Cheers,

Steve

poss some thing to do with the air con have you got a pic as i dont think i have anything like that on mine

matt

Hi,

Not sure what this is for but is it anything to do with ABS?

Here's the picture of it

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e191/ste...06/Image013.jpg

Cheers,

Steve

Air suspension? Got a Toyota or Lexus part number on it?

Hi,

Yes the part # on the unit is 47970-50020 ( underneath is # 133400-0022) manufactured by Denso also noticed mounted next to it is a relay marked ABS/TRAC so could be associated with this.

Cheers,

Steve

i dont think its to do with the air con could be for the air susp as my uk version as not any thing like that

can you see were any pipes go?

matt

Nitrogen pre-charge suggests a piston or bladder accumulator, which is usually linked to something hydraulic.

sounds like ABS to me.

Let us know...

One thing though, DON'T TAKE IT OFF, it will more than likely be charged and needs discharging carefully before removal... but you probably knew that already. :blush: