Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which Numberplate Do You Prefer?

aido

OK I'm currently in possession of two Lexus related plates, as in the poll questions above.

I was leaning towards keeping the L3 XSC numberplate since everyone knows that it's me, but now I'm thinking about selling that plate and keeping the L100 XUS plate, and basically seeing as the car is a Jap import taking advantage of the DVLA rules and sticking on a tiny plate with that on...

Basically that means I can chuck the Jap plate holders on and the car will look more JDM than it does with the current standard UK plates.

The next question is one for Ahmet I guess, basically what stance do the police take with tiny plates? I got done for having a small plate on the IS, which I totally hold my hands up for as I was in the wrong there, but seeing as this is an import and it's allowed, does that mean the police can pull you over first and then once they realise it's an import they let you go (or try to find another reason for pulling you over as they do in my experience), or do they realise it's an import straight away and just ignore it?

The thing is I don't want to go and give them an excuse for pulling me over all the time, even though there isn't actually a problem!

Anyway, back to the main question then - which plate do you prefer?

I had them valued and the L100XUS plate is worth more than the L3XSC plate, I'd have thought it would have been the other way around personally but that's what they reckoned - unless they were trying to pull a fast one :lol:

Erm, ok.....

The poll didn't appear?

Anyway, the plates are L3XSC and L100XUS!

I think the L100XUS looks better ........ and more mature / smarter.

As for the jap style plate, it's a bit of a grey area that one mate .............. I'll dig out the exact wording and post it up :shifty:

Cheers pal, I'm thinking the same as you, didn't like the plate at first but more strangers have commented on it in ten days than I ever had comment on the other plate!

Thanks for the other stuff too, was thinking about it and thought it sounded like a bit of a grey area!

But its not a Lexus ! :lol: :D :lol: only joking.

If you go for the small jap plates, keep the L3XSC, fewer characters would look betttter on a small plate,

my opinion anyway.

:offtopic: Good to see you back Aido, hope everything is good, and love your new car

Cheers pal, I'm thinking the same as you, didn't like the plate at first but more strangers have commented on it in ten days than I ever had comment on the other plate!

Thanks for the other stuff too, was thinking about it and thought it sounded like a bit of a grey area!

i thought it was a toyota :o

the jap plates still have regulations

they are just a bit smaller and have slimmer digits, the same as motorcycle plates

:lol:

Thanks John & Barrie :)

I was going to put Toyota badges back on it, but then thought it kills the image of a sleeper that it has at the moment (apart from the huge exhausts and the Thor Racing URL :lol:)

I've been trying to make sense of the regulations, but they're a little unclear, or to me at least!

I'm looking at "The Road Vehicles (Display of Registration Marks) (Amendment) Regulations 2002" - and it would appear that you have a getout clause for the standard plate in section 14A, but it's still not exactly black and white in terms of what you can do!

It was a motorbike size plate I was thinking of, but as you say adhering to the rules and regs for those plates so as not to cause trouble!

@ Paul, I do like the L3X plate, but the dealer was saying that they may have an SC owner interested in the plate, and well, seeing as they're loaded, I could make a fair amount on that :lol:

Actually it has Lexus badges at the front and back, the Lexus badge at the back right, and then the V300 badge at the back left. That kind of gives it away, as do the Vertex badges, but only very clued up people know what it is, the majority don't have a clue!

Just loving the sleeper potential this car has, when I was in the IS I had loads of people always wanting to race, in this they never think twice!

As for the Sport stuff, I'm not sure if the V300 has any of the components that made a UK Sport a Sport if you know what I mean?Certainly not the kit or wheels, not sure about the springs though, the back seems to sit lower than the front of the car, but so do the other V300's that I've looked at?

:lol:

If I see a Starlet in the rear view mirror or in front of me I don't even think about trying it on just in case!!!

Can remember how quick the Tart was when he first bought it!

Have to admit though it showed up a 350Z yesterday, he was trying to get away, but there was no chance and eventually he let me past while it still sounded like he was at WOT!

I'd go for the L100 XUS. It looks more like Lexus than the L3 XSC does and the latter plate doesn't really apply anymore. Other than it's your old plate.

The L3X plate probably is cheaper as its only an old L plate anyway. Mine cost £250 I think from the DVLA

WHO5 BAD

thumbnail_jackson.jpg

Chamonnnn mother ****** - hee hee :D

There are some good plates coming out with the new reg plates though, seen some corkers, just seen an S3 in town with the plate 'S3 1OOK' I think it was, looked funny!

@ Paul, I do like the L3X plate, but the dealer was saying that they may have an SC owner interested in the plate, and well, seeing as they're loaded, I could make a fair amount on that :lol:

Fair enough, cant argue with that

• 3 weeks later...