Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rip Steve Irwin.

Bob King

Only through this post i found out he died! Shocking! Sad loss indeed.

Attacks on humans are a rarity - only one other person is known to have died in Australia from a stingray attack, at St Kilda, Melbourne in 1945.

"Stingrays only sting in defence, they're not aggressive animals so the animal must have felt threatened. It didn't sting out of aggression, it stung out of fear"

Of all the things he could've been killed by in all the daring things he done, sad, he leaves his poor wife and 2 young children too.

R.I.P.

Sad day, but it was only a matter of time .............

harsh words Ahmet

he was an expert in his field, testament to this is the fact he survived so long

this was a freak and very unusual death, only 20 people have ever died in similar circumstances

I prob have to agree with Ahmet, the guy was very brave, but in his line of work it was enivitable that something like this would happen soon.

RIP dude, will be missed by thousands

ROFPMSL at the above link

U know, this guy touched a lot of people for his 'honest joe' kinda attitude and the fact that he was a little nuts at times. ;) i used to watch his programmes with envy for as long as i can remember and it was partly through his enthusiam that my interest for snakes/reptiles and salt-water fish expanded. the guy was unquestionably a pioneer in his field and wanted to teach people about such a diverse subject matter, that is mostly overlooked!

My heart-felt sympathies go to those he left behind.....RIP fella :crybaby:

sad as it is, when you mess with nature...one day something will go wrong.....

he did constantly annoy animals in there habitate for our tv enjoyment...

no one asked the croc and snakes to be dragged around, the stingray did its natural thing when it felt threatened.

yes he was a great guy......but it was inevitable like ahmet said

he did constantly annoy animals in there habitate for our tv enjoyment...

no one asked the croc and snakes to be dragged around, the stingray did its natural thing when it felt threatened.

I would said it was more than "tv enjoyment" he made the youngsters in my family interested and want to watch wildlife programmes. Better than them watching other junk! Annoy them he did, but in some ways that's what he had to do, to educate us further about these animals.

He brought back interest in wildlife programmes.