Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Merc C L S Beautiful ! ?

moriwaki

Saw a new Mercedes C L S in the local dealership and it knocked me for six....I think its easily the best looking saloon car I have ever seen !....the lines are simply stunning....it was in Black and I looked at it for a long time from all angles and personally could'nt fault it ....Just wish I could believe it was built as good as my Lexus and be as reliable...Anyone else seen one ? :tomato:

Haha I was sat in one Friday night :D

Real head turner, it needs running in before he can give it some welly, but it was a lovely car, loads of room inside too!

As you say though it's a stunning car - very big but can't really fault it - given the chance I'd have one tomorrow!

Just wish I could believe it was built as good as my Lexus and be as reliable...Anyone else seen one ? :tomato:

We actually own one, this one in fact, which we've had for just over a year:

post-1663-1120133299.jpg

Main reason we bought it is as you said, by far the best looking saloon car available :D

As a car it is fantastic, put it up against the new GS at the time, and it was much better. I think build quality is where its still not back up to where Mercedes used to be, but its close. It's absolutely quiet inside, no rattles or anything - only downside is that some bits don't fit together as well as I'd like them to.

The design absolutely makes up for it though, I can't believe it still turns heads wherever it goes...... :winky:

How many cupholders does it have? Are they sturdy? :blush:

Does it have an electric steering wheel that automatically retracts when you take the key out? :lol:

It is a nice and fresh design though. I think it would begin to look beautiful if it had these on in 22inch...

ZONE4ONEPC.jpg

Does it have an electric steering wheel that automatically retracts when you take the key out? :lol:

Not too sure, but think its 4 cupholders in total, and they are sturdy, insides are even lined with rubber to make sure it hangs on tight :winky:

Yeah the steering wheel retracts and the seat slides back when you take the key out - Why's that a bad thing? :duh:

Not too keen on the wheels tho, bit too american bling - car like this is too classy for that, I'm thinking either 20" AMGs or Brabus wheels :P

Not too sure, but think its 4 cupholders in total, and they are sturdy, insides are even lined with rubber to make sure it hangs on tight :winky:

Yeah the steering wheel retracts and the seat slides back when you take the key out - Why's that a bad thing? :duh:

Not too keen on the wheels tho, bit too american bling - car like this is too classy for that, I'm thinking either 20" AMGs or Brabus wheels :P

It's not a bad thing. It's about time the wheel auto retracted on mercs! GS and LS have had that standard feature since way back when! Only 4 cupholders. No point in me upgrading then! :o

Beautiful car! Love the AMG version in black, reminds me, must play the lottery this week! Lol!

I think it would begin to look beautiful if it had these on in 22inch

Forget about blingin' this motor up, its far too classy for that, would jus ruin it!

It's not a bad thing. It's about time the wheel auto retracted on mercs! GS and LS have had that standard feature since way back when! Only 4 cupholders. No point in me upgrading then! :o

I think Mercs have had it for ages too, you just needed to pay for memory seats though - always the way with the Germans, but if you can afford it, there are also a few Merc things that Lexus could do with - mirrors that fold off the key, the one-touch indicator flash for lane changing, ability to use satnav while moving, settings customisable from the steering wheel, etc.

:lol: LOL on the cupholders, how many drinks do you normally have on the go at once? :blink: :D

Hmmmm not sure about the styling think its a bit odd like the new BMW's

Bit of topic but its about Mercs

Friends neigbour just got GIVEN a 2002 Merc CL63 AMG by his son (dont ask he turns up in a black ferrari then a lambo, im very jealous)

The thing is HUGE think the rims are about 20inch the engine is the size of a small country 6.3 litre V12, still need to go out in it but as the guys about 80 i dont think he'll push is LOL

So what is CLS like to live with?

That's quite amusing, because when we were weighing up between this and the GS last year, reliability and build were the things we were worried about with the merc, strange to see its the other way round.

This is a bit weird, but we've had it for a year and a bit now, but it still hasn't told us it needs a service yet so haven't had any contact with Mercedes since the purchase - although we had an s-class before this, and they were never too bad. Not first class like Lexus, but also not as horrendous as Audi, although it does depend on the individual dealer as well.

But I am seriously impressed that its lasted over a year and so far nothing has gone wrong with it at all (touch wood) - not even a single rattle :D

Friends neigbour just got GIVEN a 2002 Merc CL63 AMG by his son (dont ask he turns up in a black ferrari then a lambo, im very jealous)

Do you mean CL65? Yeah those things are absolutely awesome - 6.5L twin turbo V12, think its over 700lb ft of torque. Mental power! :lol:

My mate's brother has had his about a year now, but now thinking

of swapping it for the new S class, gorgeous car!

S class

Check out the hp on this one!

Was behind an S350 earlier on the way home, have to admit it was stunning as well, whoever is doing the designs at Mercedes at the moment is doing a grand job :)

Overtook it just so I could check it out, they seemed a bit surprised but I had a good look at the car :D

Think I'll have to factor in a Merc for when the V300 goes!

no cls is cls63 now. dont think they did a 65 version that im aware of aparrt from 2 (kleeman and brabus) only had 55.

electric steering wheel and seat that moves when you get out first started on s class. think its on nearly all mercs nowadays.

very nice cars had one for a 24hr test drive while mine was in for a service.

no cls is cls63 now. dont think they did a 65 version that im aware of aparrt from 2 (kleeman and brabus) only had 55.

Yep you're right, now the AMGs have become 63s - but the 2002 CL that was being referred to above would have been a 65.

Without sounding too geeky :shutit: , up until now they've had:

55AMG - 5.5ltr supercharged V8 producing 500hp

65AMG - 6.5ltr biturbo V12 producing over 600hp

Now the 55AMG has been replaced by the 63AMG which is a normally aspirated 6.3ltr V8 (also producing around 500hp), and there is a new 65AMG on the way which will again be a ridiculously powerful 6.5ltr twin turbo V12

All in all, I say "bring it on"! :D

What do they retail in Britain for???

Bottom of the pile Diesel starts @ €85,000 euro in Ireland and an AMG will set you back €147,000 euro..... :sick:

They're not actually that expensive, which is the best part....

CLS 320 CDI - £43,275

CLS 350 - £43,440

CLS 500 - £53,240

CLS 63 AMG - £72,995

sorry my mistake parthiban i thought it read cls not cl

now the cl is the daddy

No worries m8y :)

Yep the CLS is very stylish, but the CL is a true gangsta car (as is the new S-class for that matter :lol: )

:lol: @maneesh, although he hasn't actually said anywhere that it is a V8 - perhaps his initials are VBAGM.... :P

What do they retail in Britain for???

Bottom of the pile Diesel starts @ €85,000 euro in Ireland and an AMG will set you back €147,000 euro..... :sick:

They're not actually that expensive, which is the best part....

CLS 320 CDI - £43,275

CLS 350 - £43,440

CLS 500 - £53,240

CLS 63 AMG - £72,995

not actually that expensive until you add leather, cd autochanger, sunroof, sat nav, parking sensors, voice control, folding mirrors etc etc etc..... the CLS 320CDI becomes a 55K car very quickly.