Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Member To The Loc Family

dibsLPG

hi all,

Just posting my first message Welcome to the L O Club.

Is there anybody out there with a Is200 on Gas (LPG) please? :question:

Advise required Please :question:

Looking to have the PLG system servised or checked out, Also looking to do some minor Mods to personalise the is200 Se (lip spoiler, claipers painter, MP4 player and Screen etcc). any other suggestions appriciated :unsure:

Cheers

Dibs

Hi and welcome to LOC. Hope you enjoy the car!

There was someone who has done LPG to their IS200 - "rakeshtak"...

I tried to PM him ages ago. Dont think he posts much/is very active.

Can you tell us more about your LPG in the IS? Costs? Pros? Cons?

D.

hi and welcome, did you buy the one that was for sale on ebay by any chance?

thanks for the Suggestions all,

SWFCDAN, no it was not advertised on eBay, Autotrader about a month back.

Del boy, since i bought it with the LPG conversion installed i did some research on the system and found out it was installed by a company in Hull, (no longer doing them) at a cost of £1850 :o The problem is it is the Early Generation one so not the G3 version (multi-point) :crybaby:

My LPG system is manual switch so when the car is warmed up (half temp) on petrol the i flick the switch and put my foot down :D It trips over and i'm away. Yes i feel the slight differanc in power but nothing major. If i want i can trip it back to petrol and press the power mode and push it B) i'm a cruiser not a boy racer anymore.

To a tenner i get around 100 miles on local town runs and city trips which is brill :D

More Info:

http://www.est.org.uk/fleet/funding/autogas/

http://www.northernautogas.co.uk/

or google it.

My Mate has the G3 version (£2200) on his BMW M3 Convertable and you do not notice the Automatic change from Petrol to LPG (once it engine Temp is half) or notice the Diff in Power at all :lol: best bit is that it's cheap as chips to run. :winky: the LPG system install cost's recoved back in about 1 1/2 years on petrol saving. + he has now been running it for about 3 years now and never has serviced it once :huh: + Is Petrol service are done less often, cos LPG is less wearing on the engine and hence the plugs and filters need replacing less offten etc..

keep me posted of others on LPG system please ?

Dibs

Where is the tank then? Have you split the original fuel tank? Or an extra one in the boot or spare wheel well?

Welcome to LOC btw :)

HI, The Tank (60 lt i think) is inthe boot up against the back seats, still can gain acess to the spare wheel.

but once the buggy goes in and the weekly shoppng its full :lol:

:offtopic: eXOBeX; is Flash Lub and good? I was informed that Slick 50 is better and runs for around 80k inyour engine. The Auto shop owner has run his pick up on Gas for over 4yrs and never put any Flash Lub in only Slick 50 and swears by it? any opions mate?

Dibs

Where is the tank then? Have you split the original fuel tank? Or an extra one in the boot or spare wheel well?

Welcome to LOC btw :)

HI, The Tank (60 lt i think) is inthe boot up against the back seats, still can gain acess to the spare wheel.

but once the buggy goes in and the weekly shoppng its full :lol:

:offtopic: eXOBeX; is Flash Lub and good? I was informed that Slick 50 is better and runs for around 80k inyour engine. The Auto shop owner has run his pick up on Gas for over 4yrs and never put any Flash Lub in only Slick 50 and swears by it? any opions mate?

Dibs

Doesn't Slick 50 go in the petrol tank though? Flashlube is dosed via the air intake manifold, so it's used whether you're running on petrol or gas. Don't know much about the longevity of Slick50 and its benefits when running on LPG.

• 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links