Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Goodbye

Its got the leather, auto box (I know this is standard on the RX), satnav (DVD), TV, comms pack, uprated stereo, rear aircon, traffic master, Xenon lamps, sports pack, sports steering wheel, 6 cd changer, rain sensors...

Drove the RX 300 at the time. I think the X5 handles much much better, is quicker. Also feels far more solid than the RX and classier on the inside. The Rx is too American.

Dont mean to dissapoint you guys, but the Lexus never really did it for me. It was ultra-reliable and never failed me. However it was always missing that something. One of the main reasons I bought the Lexus was the value it offered for my money, but for the 3.5 years that I had the car, I always felt second best to a BMW (missing the small touches, fuel economy was awful, handling though great wasnt quite 3 series etc.). Now that I can afford a well specced BMW, I'd need to see Lexus bridge a big gap before I go back.

Before I made up my mind to go back to the beemer, I had a mates 330Ci for 2 weeks. Sedate motorway driving regularly returned 29 mpg and aggressive driving still did 25 mpg. These are IS200 figures and I had a lot more fun. Perhaps the IS350 might tempt me back.

That said, the resale on the IS was very good.