Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Transfering The Sound/video System Across

dibsLPG

Advise required please :question:

I have just bought my first Lexus (Se) and very pleased indeeed :D

I have removed the system from the older motor and looking to install it in the new one, but require some advise please.

1- Kenwwod Head unit which plays: MP3's MP4, VCD, CD, CDr's everything which also connects up to a screen.

is a Wiring harness required from the Lexus SE standard wiring to the kenwood ISO unit? Halford's do not have a wiring harness listed :tsktsk:

2-motorized Screen 7"wide. (been packed away for 2 years never had a car with the space to install it) Require a 2 Din Facis Adapter plate?

3- Rockford Amp. will the standard Amp conflict and where is it installed, can i bypass it?

4-Rockford 10" Sub Boxed. Possible Location of the 10" Sub (Boot is limited by the LPG Tank) room taken up by Pram :tsktsk: or shopping etc..

5. Any other suggestions on small Mods on the car to get me started please?

Sorry for all the q's :blush: Any Suggestions would be appreciated B)

Cheers

Dibs

I've a new unused double din fascia conversion kit for IS200 if your interested, paid £22.00 on ebay yours for the same plus postage if your interested.

Infinity.......

Cheers infinity for the offer, But i have just ordered one off eBay for £20.00 + 5 p&p. :duh: (prob the same guy on eBay :hehe: )

Sorry :crybaby:

Do you have the Wiring harness?

Dibs

This is the one i have, its the best link i could find HERE

thanks Infinity, for the link

Read at bottom " A harness adaptor will also be required when fitting an aftermarket radio. Depending on vehicle and original market, either a PC2174 or a PC9406 may be suitable."

Which Wiring Harness fits the Se model? :duh: the PC2174 is £8.00 and the PC9406 £32.00 :o nowing my luck it will be the expensive one :tsktsk:

Cheers

and any responce to the BernardTamHK Q mate? :duh: Heated Seats and trac control buttoms.

Cheers

Dibs

This is the one i have, its the best link i could find HERE

thanks Infinity, for the link

Read at bottom " A harness adaptor will also be required when fitting an aftermarket radio. Depending on vehicle and original market, either a PC2174 or a PC9406 may be suitable."

Which Wiring Harness fits the Se model? :duh: the PC2174 is £8.00 and the PC9406 £32.00 :o nowing my luck it will be the expensive one :tsktsk:

Cheers

and any responce to the BernardTamHK Q mate? :duh: Heated Seats and trac control buttoms.

Cheers

Dibs

Honestly couldnt tell you as i never got around to mod ing mine, just left it as standard as the OEM system was so good. i bought the adaptor with the intention of changing the head unit then never bothered.

Adaptor facia still here if anyone wants it.

Infinity.............

Honestly couldnt tell you as i never got around to mod ing mine, just left it as standard as the OEM system was so good. i bought the adaptor with the intention of changing the head unit then never bothered.

Infinity.............

Infinity i might be interested (once again ) in the facia adapter (eBay guy let me down :tsktsk: )

Like your self i am still doing the research about the wiring harness and if an adapter available,

If not then how easy it is to re-wire the pug to an ISO one? bypass the Amp etc too many unknows :question::question::question::question:

What was the price again inc p&p please?

cheque or postal order or payPal etc? :question:

Is there a mute on the standard Deck onthe SE version bottom CD loader deck? wanting to wire up the Nokia Handsfree kit to the car. :duh: Anyone?

Cheers,

Dibs

Infinity.............

Infinity i might be interested (once again ) in the facia adapter (eBay guy let me down :tsktsk: )

Like your self i am still doing the research about the wiring harness and if an adapter available,

If not then how easy it is to re-wire the pug to an ISO one? bypass the Amp etc too many unknows :question::question::question::question:

What was the price again inc p&p please?

cheque or postal order or payPal etc? :question:

Is there a mute on the standard Deck onthe SE version bottom CD loader deck? wanting to wire up the Nokia Handsfree kit to the car. :duh: Anyone?

Cheers,

Dibs

Have you read through the posts in the Audio and security forums on this site i'm sure there is something in there on wiring. I never had my IS apart so i dont know what the wiring is like. No idea on the telephone either.

The facia adaptor is still here £20 plus a couple for whatever the postage is. or if your heading north sometime give me a yell and i can meet you somewhere.

Infinity.