Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lps

Eunos800

Not surprisingly, my crummy dealer has returned my request to change some of the apparantly customisable setting with a reply that, only one of the 18 or so items is actually do-able on the IS250 SEL MM in the UK. He can change the sensitivity of the auto headlights and thats it !

Why do lexus produce a list of all these customisable items ( I actually have the official list here ) if they can't be done. Special treatment for the yankies again or what ? I would have liked ( amongst others items ) to have the "headlight off delay" activated so that my walk to the front door could be illuminated.

Anyone else try and get these things done? If so..what response ?? TY

Evreything from Auto Locking etc onwards....which I really want!!

Like you say, you can only have one in the UK - lights sensitivity and that's yer lot!!

This was a thread I started a while back...

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...;hl=modern+lexi

PS - In the BMW, you can modify many of these things hrough I Drive, if you have the BMW Satnav Proff or Business...that's one area where the Beemer is defo better than the Lex!!

I'd like (in this order):

Auto Locking

Delay Headlights (Coming home feature)

Mirror fold

Evreything from Auto Locking etc onwards....which I really want!!

Like you say, you can only have one in the UK - lights sensitivity and that's yer lot!!

This was a thread I started a while back...

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...;hl=modern+lexi

PS - In the BMW, you can modify many of these things hrough I Drive, if you have the BMW Satnav Proff or Business...that's one area where the Beemer is defo better than the Lex!!

I'd like (in this order):

Auto Locking

Delay Headlights (Coming home feature)

Mirror fold

Mirror fold won't happen as the switch that controls it is a physical toggle switch. i.e. not controlled at all by the computer. I agree though, my SAAB had this, although you still had to tell them to fold, they would unfold automatically at 15MPH+.

I'm pretty sure that the OS could do all the other stuff, either it exists already but is protected for some reason, or by a flash upgrade of OS.

We need to present Lexus UK with a paper petition on thier doorstep. EMails are much too easy to ignore.

When did you last see a Lexus rep in these forums?

What's different about the UK cars and US cars? How could they possibly have different computers in them where some are customisable and some aren't? Is there actually a physical difference, or are the dealers just lying to everyone?

What's different about the UK cars and US cars? How could they possibly have different computers in them where some are customisable and some aren't? Is there actually a physical difference, or are the dealers just lying to everyone?

A very good question matey!!

I was told that the dealers do not know the "codes" to enter. If anyone can find out they will try. Is it that simple?

We need someone in the USA at a dealership to tell us what to do, and the dealers can try. I'm off to the states later this year, and will try and get a dealer there to talk to my dealer here.

I was told that the dealers do not know the "codes" to enter. If anyone can find out they will try. Is it that simple?

I can't see why i wouldn't be that easy. Does the IS250 have an ODBII port or something similar?

It is more likely a case that all the code is already written into the ECU is just needs these correct codes to activate it.

My mate has a Golf and they use a program called VAG-COM (for VW, Audi and Skoda) to activate/decativate additional features that dealers can not.

Perhaps they have some similar software in the states.

Sorry jamboo...didn't realize you had a thread running on this :blush:

Anyhow...guess it doesnt hurt to revive it....especially now there are considerably more owners on the road, and all suffering the same limitations by the sound of it. I will happily add my name to any "petition" that might happen - although judging by my track record with Lexus ....I am not the right guy to send it :excl:

Eunos,Jamboo

I'm with you guys on the auto locking, i've only had the car a few days but i find myself rechecking the doors after ive locked it on the door handle button.

If the car senses the keys so why when the keys go out of range doesnt the car turn off the engine and lock the doors.

The folding mirrors i can take or leave, but the option would be good, same with the headlights, I stick my car straight in garage and the lights in the garage are on auto with the remote garage door.

I'd like the sensitivity turned down on the auto wipers as mine go crazy in a light drizzle.

Infinity........

Infinity.

I wouldn't like the car to switch off as soon as the key went out of range, as I sometimes get out of the car to open/shut gates (yes guys, no automatic openers here , yet!) or put rubish bins out, and leave the car running for the 5-10 seconds it takes, so I would hate to be starting the car everytime I do that.

Also, if you have it so it locks when you walk away and there are people still in the car (yes, they can unlock the doors), but do you want this everytime you get out and walk away. You may as well have it unlock for you when you get close, like the puddle lights coming on.

They should be features that are customisable for the individuals.

I agree with you all, that everything (except Gov. regulation things) should be able to be changed for the individual.

Eunos,Jamboo

I'm with you guys on the auto locking, i've only had the car a few days but i find myself rechecking the doors after ive locked it on the door handle button.

If the car senses the keys so why when the keys go out of range doesnt the car turn off the engine and lock the doors.

The folding mirrors i can take or leave, but the option would be good, same with the headlights, I stick my car straight in garage and the lights in the garage are on auto with the remote garage door.

I'd like the sensitivity turned down on the auto wipers as mine go crazy in a light drizzle.

Infinity........

is there not a setting that you can do that yourself....thought I remembered seeing somethingin the manual ?

I can't see why i wouldn't be that easy. Does the IS250 have an ODBII port or something similar?

It should do... seeing though the IS2/3 does...

We need someone in the USA at a dealership to tell us what to do, and the dealers can try. I'm off to the states later this year, and will try and get a dealer there to talk to my dealer here.

Jamboo,

I'm there most of the time..back again Monday, so will speak to Richard in Lexus Westside in Houston and see if he can supply the codes.

Eunos,Jamboo

Infinity........

is there not a setting that you can do that yourself....thought I remembered seeing somethingin the manual ?

You can set the wiper sensitivity on the wiper stalk.

Eunos,Jamboo

Infinity........

You can set the wiper sensitivity on the wiper stalk.

Typical bloke, play first, read later

I suppose its time i got the bible out and read it.

I agree, my renault laguna was able to allow the mirrors to fold in without the ignition being on ON or ACC, its a pain when you switch off the car then realise to close the mirror!

Auto lock after reaching a certain MPH.

Child locking should be remote instead of going to each door!!

headlamp delay

Jamboo,

I'm there most of the time..back again Monday, so will speak to Richard in Lexus Westside in Houston and see if he can supply the codes.

Tango - cheers buddy!! My dealer defo mentioned that it's codes they enter into the system. They don't know what the codes are - not released by Lexus for Europe.

That means either the system will take the codes, or the OS in the won't allow it and hence the codes have not been released. Either way, we should try it.

As someone who was a victim of an attempted carjacking/boot snatch and grab twice, I really want the feature.

Luckily my Audi was enabled with autolocking which saved me both times!!

PS - even the crappy 307 and 407 SE's I've been bombing around in for work auto fold the mirros when locked...ALSO I always thought Pug diesels were smooth and quiet...boy these are rough!! 1.6HDi and 2.0/2.2HDi are pants compared to the IS220d!!

Jamboo,

Tango - cheers buddy!! My dealer defo mentioned that it's codes they enter into the system. They don't know what the codes are - not released by Lexus for Europe.

That means either the system will take the codes, or the OS in the won't allow it and hence the codes have not been released. Either way, we should try it.

As someone who was a victim of an attempted carjacking/boot snatch and grab twice, I really want the feature.

PS - even the crappy 307 and 407 SE's I've been bombing around in for work auto fold the mirros when locked...ALSO I always thought Pug diesels were smooth and quiet...boy these are rough!! 1.6HDi and 2.0/2.2HDi are pants compared to the IS220d!!

I had a look the other day to see if there was any power to the door that toggles with the ignition, didn't have much time though. If there is, it's a sinch to put a small relay in the door to control the mirrors.

lexus quoted me £95 per house, just to personalised the settings...

they said they need to

-set it

-configure it

-test it?

£95 for that?! they can kiss my brown *****

what do you mean per house ?

Which dealer....'cos pretty well everyone else here in the UK seems to have had the reply "can not be done ", yet your dealer is saying it can be ??

Jamboo,

I should think that a Peugeot feels pants compared to a £22,000 + car.

The missus has a fully load 807 with the 2.2 hdi engine.

Not as quiet as the Lexus BUT compared to my IS220d SE:

* No rattles whatsoever.

* Auto sensing wipers.

* A navigation system which allows the passenger to enter/change destinations on the move.

* Full access to radio and CD text on the move.

* Integrated phone system that will also read out received text messages.

* Full access to the phone on the move.

* Voice activation that actually seems to understand me :D

* Audio/video inputs in the glove box.

* Headlamps stay on when you arrive home and go off after 60 secs (programmable)

* Auto fold wing mirrors when you lock the car/start the engine.

* Air conditioned cup holders !! Keeps the drinks cool in the summer.

* Last 10,000 service cost £41.00 AND they washed, hoovered, picked up and dropped off the car.

The pug cost £19,000 ex demo.

If Peugeot can do some of this stuff on a bog standard family people carried then I'm sure Lexus can bend a bit.

The missus has a fully load 807 with the 2.2 hdi engine.

Not as quiet as the Lexus BUT compared to my IS220d SE:

* No rattles whatsoever.

* Auto sensing wipers.

* A navigation system which allows the passenger to enter/change destinations on the move.

* Full access to radio and CD text on the move.

* Integrated phone system that will also read out received text messages.

* Full access to the phone on the move.

* Voice activation that actually seems to understand me :D

* Audio/video inputs in the glove box.

* Headlamps stay on when you arrive home and go off after 60 secs (programmable)

* Auto fold wing mirrors when you lock the car/start the engine.

* Air conditioned cup holders !! Keeps the drinks cool in the summer.

* Last 10,000 service cost £41.00 AND they washed, hoovered, picked up and dropped off the car.

The pug cost £19,000 ex demo.

If Peugeot can do some of this stuff on a bog standard family people carried then I'm sure Lexus can bend a bit.

Amen to that, i agree with you 100%. its not right.

I would also like a number of these setting on my IS220d. My Volvo S40 (new model) had the auto door locking - controlable from the central console. - I felt this is a great feature! The approch lighting - when walking upto the car the puddle lights came on after pressing the yellow button on the key fob. The other thing was the "home lighting" (dipped beam) came on after pulling the headlight stalk, again this could be programed on the contra console. This sort of thing must be easy to change on our Lexus? The lights already stay on untill a door is opened, why can't they be timed or wait until the car is locked?

Come on Lexus.........