Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Goodbye To The Lex

Habeeb

Back in may my mum had a major crash in her car (7 Series), she was in hospital for weeks, car was completely written off, anyways thats another story. Now that the insurance have paid her out for her car, I have taken this opportunity to give her my Lexus as she is more comfortable driving it, and she has been driving it for some time now. I have gone over to the dark side, and bought myself a Jaguar X Type 3.0 sport premium auto Nav. Just taken delivery of it, and am impressed so far :whistling: . Might post some pics a bit later. So its sort of goodbye to the Lexus for now, although i still have access to it whenever i want. Obviously if i decide i don't like the Jag then I can get my Lex back :P

Hope your mum's doing good mate, at least she's comfortable again in the Lex, guess it can be scary getting back on the road after an accident!

So what made you go for a Jag, and get some pics up of it!

Thanks guys, yes my mums fine now, although she still has to go to physiotherapy and still has the odd ache or pain. I went for the Jag because there really wasn't alot more to chose from. I really don't like the new 3 series it looks too bland and lacks soul and character. I've had a c class before for 2 months as a courtesy car and didn't really like it, plus its old and due for replacement soon. The new IS although a fine car, just doesn't cut it in the performance department and is quite a bit more expensive, whilst the Jag has a 0-60 time of 6.6 secs and does 27 mpg. If there was a IS 350 i probably would have got it. The GS is out of my budget and is probably a bit old manish for me ( i'm 24 now). Plus Jags are second only to Lexus nowadays in terms of reliability and satisfaction. The other thing i preferred about the Jag was that they do a one spec includes all options, unlike bmw/audi where you have to specify practically everything taking the cost through the roof. The Jag even comes with sat nav and alpine premium sound system as standard, not to mention leather/climate/alloys/hids etc. I will post some pics soon as i get a chance to take some, might try to get a few side by side with the Lex. If they ever do an IS coupe or bring out the 350 then I will probably come straight back to Lexus.

• 2 weeks later...