Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Been In An Accident

GALLA_4

On my way to work this mornin and was stopped behind a jeep that was turning right into a service station when all of a sudden there was a lousd revving sound, a huge thud and the whole back of the car lifted. A guy on a motorbike ploughed right into the back of me. I am alright, albeit abit shocked and whiplash. The guy on the nike was taken away by ambulance. His bike was suck under my car.

I need prices and places to get a new HKS exhaust and a new rear lip.

Can people offer websites etc where I can buy a new HKS exhaust and new rear lip?

I dont know if the bumper will need replaceing too. Car is with Lexus at the moment :(

Thank *** for me it was not a car he was in or he would have drove me into the Toyota Landcruiser in front.

Its very humbling experience. Makes me realise how unimportant cars are when I saw him been taken away.

Bloody hell Owen glad you're ok, horrible when stuff like this happens!

What was he playing at?

Hope the guy on the bike will be ok too, did he also end up under your car?

As for the HKS exhaust that could be difficult as they stopped making them so all you can get is either the HKS Silent Hiper new, or alternatively get a Prolex-UK Kazama which is pretty much the same as the old HKS Hiper.

Other option is if any of the members here are selling their exhausts maybe?

The rear lip you would probably find easiest to get from Chris Shipley on this site to be honest so give him a yell, he's just posted up today with a new number to contact him on - 07887 - 620040

Not sure of prices on either but Chris is the man for any parts to be honest, always helpful and sorted me out more times than I can tell over the last few years!

Glad you're ok anyway mate, like you say, as much as you get attached to your car, that's all it is at the end of the day, an object, and it can easily be fixed or replaced, not like you or the biker.

Good luck getting everything sorted mate :)

unfortuntaly i can relate to both parties, one being the biker crashing and two being crashed into..

make sure you start your claim early with the insurance companies.

Also note that the HKS hiper (non silent) is no longer currently availiable, the closest match is the prolex kazama.

rear lip wise, lexus could supply you with either the tte or the trd rear lips. But as for the sard one you have, im not sure how you would go about quantifying the true value of it.

Dolpe. Wonder why the guy on the bike managed to go into the back of you... Cant have been paying attention...

Is this gonna cause issues with you selling your car? (you are still selling it right?)

Thats some bad luck mate. Its suprising what damage a motorbike can do to car at speed. Glad your ok. Fingers crossed the bumber is just cosmetics although id imagine his insurance would cover any damage anyway.

Good luck in getting it sorted mate.

Hi Owen,

Saw your car on carzone recently, hope it gets sorted without too much pain. Also, I hope the dude who crashed into you is okay. Just goes to show what a moment's lapse of concentration can do. Least it wasn't your fault -- you can sleep easy in your bed knowing that much.

Si