Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Member From Southern Africa

nhlnhla

Hi all, I am new to this forum, came across it accidentally but found it quite cool and informative. Any way still trying to learn a few things like posting images...my new toy an AS200 is due in month or so..yes,yes..I know its the slow AS200 :) Im not sure if i posted the pics correctly if not I will try again

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l85/nhlanhla/altezza3.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l85/nhlanhla/altezza4.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l85/nhlanhla/altezza2.jpg

Hi and welcome to LOC :D

Nice looking car you've got there, I like the Altezza grille a lot, makes the car look that little bit different :)

So where are you getting it from - I'm guessing from the pics that you're having it imported from Japan maybe?

hello and welcome :D

looks like a nice example :)

few questions :

how easy is it to import a car down there

do you have to have the car tested in anyway

what sort of price are they going for

how common or rare are they locally

bi-plane_e0.gif

its so easy to import a car here... Our neighbour South Africa doesnt allow its citizens to import because all the car manufacturers are based there and we have been a lucrative market for their high priced cars for ages.The IS200/IS300 is not very common mainly because of pricing...Im thinking of importing a drag race car mabye a skyline..The Tezza is for cruising and picking up ladies.. :shifty: In short this is how it works. I log into the internet.. go to the usual webistes (I now have a couple I have short listed wo give me good service) I choose the car, they email me the invoice and reserve the car for me..I apply for import permit from my government (takes about three days) the I go to the bank and with invoice and permit and do a TT to Japan. They ship the car.. I collect it at the port.. pay tax to my government and register the car..thats when it goes to testing but it takes a few hours and the car is registered. Price in your currency mine is about GBP4300.00 thats everything, cost, shipping, taxes, registration

There don't seem to be many African Lexus owners around......I see a few beat up LS400's and the odd GS300 MK1 in Lagos from time to time.

The LX470 (rebadged Toyota LandCruiser Amazon) seems to be the most popular model, hardly surprising considering the state of the roads :blink:

There don't seem to be many African Lexus owners around......I see a few beat up LS400's and the odd GS300 MK1 in Lagos from time to time.

The LX470 (rebadged Toyota LandCruiser Amazon) seems to be the most popular model, hardly surprising considering the state of the roads :blink:

The are a common sight in neighbouring South Africa..esp the IS300

• 1 month later...

Phew!! after waiting an agonising eternity (with few nightmares on some nights) :) I got the call from the shipping company that my car has arrived. will pick it up in a couple of days, and since the port is 538km from where i am I will find out, as Jeremy Clarkson like saying," whats what" when I am am blasting along the 500km freeway on my way back :shifty: .. will keep you guys posted. Just hope my TV in the car hasnt been stolen or something :angry: .

Hello Fellow South African,

Im in th UK saving some cash for a house Im planning to build in J-Bay, you are gonna LOVE your new toy. Ive had my RS200Z for nearly a year and have not looked back.

Send some pics of your Tezza under the african skies to make me jelous.. (Winter is starting to Kick in here in the UK)