Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ps3 Not Out Till March

DEANOROW

Ok then who else is a bit miffed at the news that europe has been shafted again and the release date of the ps3 has now been put back to march 2007

My uncle works in a game store in the states so im going to ring him later to see if he could get hold of one and send it over.

Can anyone see any potential problems with this ?

Deano

Ok then who else is a bit miffed at the news that europe has been shafted again and the release date of the ps3 has now been put back to march 2007

My uncle works in a game store in the states so im going to ring him later to see if he could get hold of one and send it over.

Deano

not really mate....maybe taxes???

to be honest, i buy all my stuff from the states when i go over to see my folks!! a damn site cheaper and always released sooner than over here :winky:

Deano

Previous consoles have had region codes......

Good point mate, that would mean having to import all software until they hack the security model on it, and if the Xbox 360 is anything to go by it will be a while before they get these things playing imports!

PS3 is also BluRay which means that it will be much harder to find someone with the suitable hardware and a writer once, or even if they brake the protection scheme!

Good point mate, that would mean having to import all software until they hack the security model on it, and if the Xbox 360 is anything to go by it will be a while before they get these things playing imports!

PS3 is also BluRay which means that it will be much harder to find someone with the suitable hardware and a writer once, or even if they brake the protection scheme!

Its Microsoft, people get out of bed in the morning to show the world how ******* Microsoft is and probably reluctant to sleep until they do. Won't be long now........look at the firt Xbox.....got ripped to bits within days :D

:lol:

Have to admit I love the hacking stuff, I was a member of the forums of the people who created the first ever PS2 chip, that was ace when they hacked it, remember the post even now, the 360 really is a different ballgame though, they're trying really hard but it's much harder than the original Xbox, yes the DVD firmware was compromised on the 360 but I've got to admit I don't think anyone ever saw that coming, it was the first time that approach has ever been used!!!

We've even got a certain member on here who has written some software that is used to modify the Samsung drives, his software is the software of choice for the people putting the packages all together :D

Mr eXoBeX himself :D

At the back of my mind I kind of do think that Sony may potentially not make their system as secure as Microsoft's as in the 360, it's a real impressive piece of work on the 360 to be honest, as Sony have the advantage that the media they run off is much more harder to come by than everyman in the st nowadays who has a DVD burner!

:lol:

Have to admit I love the hacking stuff, I was a member of the forums of the people who created the first ever PS2 chip, that was ace when they hacked it, remember the post even now, the 360 really is a different ballgame though, they're trying really hard but it's much harder than the original Xbox, yes the DVD firmware was compromised on the 360 but I've got to admit I don't think anyone ever saw that coming, it was the first time that approach has ever been used!!!

We've even got a certain member on here who has written some software that is used to modify the Samsung drives, his software is the software of choice for the people putting the packages all together :D

Mr eXoBeX himself :D

At the back of my mind I kind of do think that Sony may potentially not make their system as secure as Microsoft's as in the 360, it's a real impressive piece of work on the 360 to be honest, as Sony have the advantage that the media they run off is much more harder to come by than everyman in the st nowadays who has a DVD burner!

Thought the 360 was using HD disks? Still took peeps long enough to break the GameCube :D least the new Nintendo will be due out soon...thats the console for me :D

Deano

The fact that the damn thing has not even been put together? :blink:

Unless your uncle is making them in his shed from bits of his zx spectrum and old atari i would wait.

Customs will also sting your arse the moment they realise what it is if it gets a release date way before Europe. I know that it happened to a few ppl with American xbox360.

Sony said the ps3 will be region free for games, bluray is also supposed to be region free for movies too, yet to be seen. Im not too fussed about the delay, as far as I see it, there are no games that are getting me excited for launch anyway so by march there might be something worth playing.

As for the Nintendo Wii, deffo getting me one of those. :)

Thought the 360 was using HD disks? Still took peeps long enough to break the GameCube :D least the new Nintendo will be due out soon...thats the console for me :D

No mate just standard DVD's, or at least Bitset to the Xbox media type, it's a standard DVD drive, they are launching an HD-DVD drive but it's going to be for films only!

Yeah, as for Nintendo, I really want a Wii too :tomato:

Sony said the ps3 will be region free for games, bluray is also supposed to be region free for movies too, yet to be seen.

Well my laptop is region free so far and seems all Blu-ray discs will be also...I managed to play Region 1 film...(here) BD rom region is greyed out and still says 5 remaining :whistling: ...saying that I await UK BD (region 2 when available)...it may change!?!?! :unsure: ;)

Its only a computer....surely...

Go do something else instead of playing on a computer.

Am I the only person who has no interest in playing toy soldiers on a computer, or pretending to race a car......I just dont get it

Its fun.........

Think you misread the whole idea of gaming. People are confused and blinded. This stereo type of gamers being geeks is so not today.

I dont play them that often but it can be great fun with mates round. :D

Hi,

Sony had the advantage this time round by bringing the PS3 out after the X box 360,im all for Sony but i wont be buying the PS3,not at £5.49.99 :crybaby: how ever good it is.

The games dont seem to get better only the graphics.

Hence why its Nintendo for me! Innovation all the way!

I'm pretty annoyed at $ony for delaying it, I was all set to grab any I could get my hands on and sell for a fortune on eBay to all those stupid and desperate enough to pay over the odds for one just so that their spoilt little kiddies have got one for Christmas.

Wouldn't buy one for myself though. Sony's track record when it comes to games console reliability leaves a lot to be desired.