Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lhs Wing Mirror 'mirror' Replacement

se9

Hi folk's,

I am a new member as I have bought an IS200 Sport about 4 months ago now ... really nice motor ... but, as luck would have it, I have already had my wing mirror on the LHS mirror broken by a m/bike courier today coming too close to me ... didn’t get the registration though ...

I have google'ed for a replacement mirror glass and for the first time, have not had any hits on replacing the mirror glass only ... has anyone gotten the mirror glass and replaced it before, if yes, where and how did you do it ?

any help greatly appreciated ... ;)

thanks a million for that ... I will get it from the dealership close to me and attempt the installation ... now that should be fun :hehe:

• 2 weeks later...

I now understand how your's was taken, its a simple task to pop out and replace ... but, it was only easy because of your information ... you were spot as well about the heated replacment - £71.80, vat inclusive, from Lexus Bromley ...

I quickly got into the habbit of folding my wing mirrors in when I parked up, even for short periods of times. Sounds like a costly lesson and replacement.

Have a look round the site for the instructions on making a mirror closure kit for your car that Geoffers came up with. The wiring diagrams in the workshop part of the site. That way whenever you lock the car the mirrors fold in.

I did it to mind rather easily and just thought it looked trick, never thought of it in a security way like this before!

I quickly got into the habbit of folding my wing mirrors in when I parked up, even for short periods of times. Sounds like a costly lesson and replacement.

Have a look round the site for the instructions on making a mirror closure kit for your car that Geoffers came up with. The wiring diagrams in the workshop part of the site. That way whenever you lock the car the mirrors fold in.

I did it to mind rather easily and just thought it looked trick, never thought of it in a security way like this before!

i didnt realise it was easy to do yourself and never seen a thread on it before :yawn: thought it was a case of buying the prolex kit :unsure:

mine was folded the :tsktsk: just pulled it open guess i shoud be thankfull that didn't break

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links