Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bottom To Top

Eddieo

Hey guys,

I know theres been lots of stuff written about CD changers on here but i cant seem to find out what would be involved in fitting a new style top loading CD changer to an older IS200 SPORT which used to have a bottom loading CD changer that has been killed by Err3.

Has anyone done this and can shed any light on it for me. The man in the Lexus garage says i cant just plug it in and have it work even though it will be a perfect fit.

Any suggestions welcome.

The connectors on the back are different so even though it will obviously fit in the gap the plugs are different.

Ok are the wires all the same that go to the two different sockets (old style and new style) coz if they are can i just cut my old connector of and solder in the new style?

If so is it possible to buy the connectors from somewhere and are there any wiring diagrams to help me decide which wire is which on the two types of connector?

I think Fidgits on here has had his bottom slot CD player swapped over to a top slot CD player - I'm pretty sure that he needed to replace both the headunit and the amp together, but I don't know how straightforward the swap was.