Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Overriding The Navigation Motionlock

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I've been browsing trhough this forum for a few weeks now, but I can't find a answer to my problem.

Is it possible to override the motionlock on my CD-Rom based nav. system in my 1999 GS?

I found the topic for the DVD system ( http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...p;hl=motionlock ), so I was wondering if you can do the same for the CD based ones.

I know the trick to enter a "secret" service menu (parking lights on, pressing Audio and Climate etc. etc.) but there is not the desired option. I hope one of you guys can help me out here. :)

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I've been browsing trhough this forum for a few weeks now, but I can't find a answer to my problem.

Is it possible to override the motionlock on my CD-Rom based nav. system in my 1999 GS?

I found the topic for the DVD system ( http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...p;hl=motionlock ), so I was wondering if you can do the same for the CD based ones.

I know the trick to enter a "secret" service menu (parking lights on, pressing Audio and Climate etc. etc.) but there is not the desired option. I hope one of you guys can help me out here. :)

usually its a signal from a handbrake based eart that provides the "lock"

It's definitely speed activated, as P4UL T says. But I want the possibility of entering new destinations while I'm driving. Not entered by myself, but by the one on the passenger seat next to me. So maybe there's is another trick to switch this option ON or OFF, or is it something only the dealer can do with their ScanTool?? :blink:

It's definitely speed activated, as P4UL T says. But I want the possibility of entering new destinations while I'm driving. Not entered by myself, but by the one on the passenger seat next to me. So maybe there's is another trick to switch this option ON or OFF, or is it something only the dealer can do with their ScanTool?? :blink:

I'd love there to be a hack for this, but i think we'd have seen one on the net by now if there was one, it really sucks how many options are disabled when moving.

At least an updated disc gave me the option to navigate home and use the trip computer whilst moving, my original disc wouldn't even let me do that!

Hi

Now I read somewhere on the web, and, no, I can't remember where, but there's a red/white wire that sends the motion detection signal to the sat nav unit. If it's disconnected, the menues are available. Down side is that when it's disconnected, the sat nav doesn't know you're moving so doesn't update the map screen (implies also that the wire is the trigger to update from GPS signal or take the feed from the motion calibration thingy it uses when a GPS signal isn't available.)

If you can find the wire, you may be able to make a passenger override switch.

Next question, and it's a biggie .... how the :tsktsk: do you get to the :tsktsk: ing wiring?!! I bet no one can give an easy answer to that one!

Paul

• 7 months later...

There is a link on the US forum with instructions on how to do it. I'll see if i can find it. It involves snipping two wires into the back of the head unit, however a lot of work to get everything out to gain access. The good news is it does not affect any other function, certainly not the sat nav and dealers in US and Australia will recommend someone loacl who does it and they still cover under warranty after it has been done. however the question is does anyone here in Uk do it?

I'll dig up the instructions and post the link.

Here you go, scroll down to the post with instructions.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=24442

OK....but does anybody know how to overide the Navigation Lock on a 1999 GS300 Sport?

Also there are settings on the car that can be enabled/disabled by Lexus Only (According to manual) eg electronic steering park...etc.....does anybody know if there is a "secret Menu" for accessing such?

Rgds, Tony.

PS. My rear spoiler dont half seem to wobble whilst traveling...anyone know how to tighten it? :driving::withstupid: