Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I too would be interested in knowing if anyone has converted a GS300 to lpg.

I have recently bought a GS300 and was suprised to see how much fuel the 3 litre uses, particularly when warming up. I have stopped looking at the fuel guage and turn up the stereo (or should I say Hi Fi) and try and forget about it.

I also have a V6 Rover 800 which I got a quote on and if I remember correctly back in 2000 it was about £1200 all-in.

I do know it is only suitable for certain engines, but I have seen LS400's advertised as duel fuel.

Keith

Trust me. [even though im a scouser B) ] The Lexus is a sensible car compared to our Stag and TR7 collection. The Stag runs LPG albeit on a small tank and a heavily modified Rover engine. The TR is just a toy and should have been scrapped but I felt sorry for it and the missus has a soft spot for it.

Im just curious to know how the Lexus electronic controls would react to gas. I have no doubt in the mechanical capabillities :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just run about 110 miles from a full tank of LPG, filled it back up again at a cost of £9!!

Brilliant mate, honestly.

I've owned/run it now for 3 weeks, and give it various degrees of clog, it's fantastic.

The only minor niggle so far is starting it on petrol - like a choke, and flicking it over after about a mile or so; otherwise it makes a horrible backfire noise and conks out. I think it freezes from cold in chilly weather. This tends to glug through your petrol stash quite quickly.

It can also be awkward going to the pumps and trying to put both gas & petrol in at the same visit, without paying for one first!!

Very minor niggles though. I can't notice any performance difference when flicking from one to the other, other than in my wallet!!

Cheers,

Steve J.

sounds great mate. I will be in touch. I 've got a lot on at the mo trying to finish off a TR for the other half in time for summer. Do you have any pictures of the conversion? I know it sounds a bit anorak-ish but if so can ya mail them to me. I'll PM my E mail Address. :D

Liquified Petroleum Gas- I think is the correct description.

The normal engine is converted/adapted to run both petrol (gas in the States ) and LPG (gas in England ).

Main advantage is the price over here, roughly about half that of diesel/unleaded petrol.

LPG tank is normally placed in spare-wheel well.

Yeah mate.

And pre-empting your next question..............the spare just 'hangs about' in the 'not-too-big-to-start-off-with' boot space.

Not too bad for me at the minute, but maybe a space-saving spare would be more suited if you lug a few suit-cases and bags around on a regular basis.

I've been up your neck of the woods iver the last week or so.

Don't know if your familiar with the Esso garage & Little Chef just up from Makro on the A580 (kirby), but they're banging out LPG at 33.9 a litre.

Just clocked 110 miles on seven quid!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links