Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Courtesy Car - Insurance

Is it usual for your dealer to request that you insure the courtesy car? Its really not worth the hassle for a day?

Thanks

I have seen similar referneces on this forum before.

I must say I have never been asked to pay for a courtesy car, although the form I signed last time I had one from Lexus did say it should of been £10 !!

Ususally proof of your own insurance is enough to show you can drive it as 3rd party !

Is it usual for your dealer to request that you insure the courtesy car? Its really not worth the hassle for a day?

Thanks

Yep as Scarface says it varies between dealerships - although it isn't really that much hassle, usually just a quick phone call to your insurance company saying you need to be covered on a different car for the day :)

Changed my insurance, went to switch cars and the one they had allocated me wasn't there, so had to change insurance again...thanks Direct Line !

The dealers surely wouldn't let you drive it away on a 3rd party only basis, as its 25-30k worth of car and they won't want to be in a position where they cannot recover that should it be written off.

Anyone know what the policy is with Lexus Edinburgh courtesy cars, as these guys are getting my business from now on.

I think Norwich union state on their policy that your covered upto 7 days on a courtesy if your car is in for maintenance or service.

Only 7 days? Didn't know it varied that much between insurers. I remember when my car was in and out of the dealers last year, I found that the courtesy car bank was 40 days - and I almost used all of it! :lol:

Lexus dont charge you if you take a test drive :whistling:

That's always been my gripe, but then it's speculate to accumulate I suppose - they want to sell you one so that they can charge you when you have it serviced... :duh:

...they charge you enough already!

so when you book your service

book a test drive

i hear the LS range are quite good :D

Lexus dont charge you if you take a test drive :whistling:

That's always been my gripe, but then it's speculate to accumulate I suppose - they want to sell you one so that they can charge you when you have it serviced... :duh:

...they charge you enough already!

so when you book your service

book a test drive

i hear the LS range are quite good :D

Lexus Woodford do not charge for a courtesy car when your car is being serviced. There is, however, a £500 excess if you are unfortunate enough to incur any damage.

My car went in this morning for warranty work, service reception phoned my insurance company (More Than) to arrange the transfer. He had to pass the phone to me as there was "a problem". The person at More Than stated that as I had had 4 changes to my policy within the last year i.e. car in for servicing, warranty work etc they could not insure the courtesy car as that would a 5th change. I threatened them with cancelation of my policy and they relented but it cost me £10 for the change to my policy + a £10 admin fee. Apparently it states this in the small print of the policy but as soon as I get my car back the policy will be cancelled.

Cheers

Russ