Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Order Shambles

scottcul

Hi,

I ordered a IS 250SE-L early February (Spec: MM, Auto, Adaptive Cruise, Cadoxton Slate, Brembroke Black interior) and was given a May delivery date. The order was moved back to 31 August due to "supply problems". Now last week (whilst on holiday) I was told the car was instock but someone had got the order wrong and there was no MM. I was offered some alternative vehicles (available in the UK) but none where acceptable to me. Now I have to wait until December 6th as it is being treated as a new order. :crybaby:

Does anyone have any advice on what I can do to reduce this leadtime. You would think there must be somebody within Lexus that can bump up my order to get it here quicker as they openly admit that it was their mistake.

Any advice anyone? :question:

Scott

Go back to them and threaten to cancel your order......you may still have to wait until December, but you should be able to squeeze some goodies out of them (free servicing, upraded alloys etc)

I have already done that, got some money off and free Super-Guard but I want the car. Will be 10months from original order date :crybaby:

Which stealer is it, BTW?

Would rather not say, but if they are reading this, they know who they are :blush:

I know its no consulation but Newcastle had a Black on Black SEL 250 with MM on 18's they have it for a couple of months and only sold it last weekend. It was someone elses cancelled order they tried to sell me.

Sorry i know what its like to wait, (nearly 6 months) ive been there. Hang on in there its worth the wait.

See if you can blag free servicing or a price match to someone like Drive the Deal on delivery

Infinity.............

Hi,

I ordered a IS 250SE-L early February (Spec: MM, Auto, Adaptive Cruise, Cadoxton Slate, Brembroke Black interior) and was given a May delivery date. The order was moved back to 31 August due to "supply problems". Now last week (whilst on holiday) I was told the car was instock but someone had got the order wrong and there was no MM. I was offered some alternative vehicles (available in the UK) but none where acceptable to me. Now I have to wait until December 6th as it is being treated as a new order. :crybaby:

Does anyone have any advice on what I can do to reduce this leadtime. You would think there must be somebody within Lexus that can bump up my order to get it here quicker as they openly admit that it was their mistake.

Any advice anyone? :question:

Scott

What a bummer! I'd insist on a decent loan car until your arrives - I think somebody on the forums was loaned a GS until their IS arrived.

Also I'd insist on free servicing plus the Lexus goodies; umbrella, golf stuff etc.

The dealer is going to have a hard time shifting a fully specced SE-L without MM though.

That is Shocking -

Yes - INSIST on a loan car - either the dealer or Lexus should cover the cost and keep you happy, afterall the Customer Service is legendary...allegedly.

PS - as Mr Morse says, Supagard is a cheapo way out for 'em - you can buy an entire kit for £20 from eBay and do a dozen cars with it, and still have some spare!!

I'm not sure of your rights to demand things like having a free loan car, but I think your rights are nil by law. A better word is ASK not DEMAND as it gives you the chance of a more favourable response from the dealer. Alternatively, just cancel your order and re-order with another dealer.

On a brighter note, when the car does eventually arrive you will be glad you ordered the Adaptive Cruise option. I have it in my IS250 SE-L and it is great. As long as you don't go under about 28mph or touch the brakes you can drive all day without touching a pedal (providing your set speed is appropriate for the you're on). :D

oldun.

That's true, you do have nil rights...but somewhere along the way you've got to vent your frustration, or walk...unless you really want the car...

In this case the dealer/Lexus have totally scrooed up and I would expect them to offer something more than the usual tough toots apology...

Like you say, ask 'em nicely and see if that works...

I'm not sure of your rights to demand things like having a free loan car, but I think your rights are nil by law. A better word is ASK not DEMAND as it gives you the chance of a more favourable response from the dealer. Alternatively, just cancel your order and re-order with another dealer.

On a brighter note, when the car does eventually arrive you will be glad you ordered the Adaptive Cruise option. I have it in my IS250 SE-L and it is great. As long as you don't go under about 28mph or touch the brakes you can drive all day without touching a pedal (providing your set speed is appropriate for the you're on). :D

oldun.

I work In Phone sales as you know. Definatly ASK first in a calm way and say that you feel that you should recieve the things your after, make a REASONABLE LIST and be happy whan you get them dont just add this, that and the other when they agree or they may start to get funny. All our customers get the service THEY deserve, if THEY are rude they will not get good service and why should they, I even brought a bunch of flowers out of my pocket for a customer who had horrendous problems with orange, it was partly my fault but she was understanding and considerate towards me and made me and my colleauge feel for her rather than shutting off because someone has a Go. I understand thay have made a mistake but remember we are only human. At least you will get some goodies free and you will apriciate your car more when you recieve it. If they do not respond to you being reasonable then by all means force the issue and be assertive. you dont have any rights apart from the right to cancell the order but knowing Lexus they will do what they can. :D

I always try and look at what costs you the consumer alot and the seller little so I would push for the Servicing myself because it costs them little compared to your outlay so you both get value for money I would just try the first two services because thats aprox £600 worth and yet it may only cost them as little as £100. first service should be free anyway because its just a glorified oil change.

Let us know the outcome. :question:

Both me and my colleague are very jealous that your getting the new shape, especialy with that spec. :tsktsk: :sick:

Enjoy

Kazi

Update:

I spoke to the Manager at the dealership and there is no movement on giving me free servicing instead of Superguard. In a way I agree with him in the fact that we had a deal on what we agreed.

However the point im not happy with is my Merc is due for service (£160 minimum) now and I would have had to service it if the Lexus was here as it will be traded in. But they refuse to pay for this service so im another £160 out of pocket. :tsktsk:

Scott

...and the dealer/LGB have failed on their end of the deal. Period. This is a fob off.

Demand some better recompense or walk away. Go to another dealer and get the same car/same spec, may be a different colour combo.

Supagard is a waste of money if you have to pay, and it only costs them £2 at most plus some labour, staff they are paying anyway!!

So you've asked nicely and it got you nothing (surprise surprise). Now demand!!