Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Engine Management Warning Light

IS300KK

Update

Well, I cleaned the sensor (thanks to Mr Morse for piccies) and unfortunately nothing happened.

I don't know whether this is normal, but one side of the 'filament' (that looks like something out of a lightbulb) was black, and the other side metal and brown.

I am becoming resigned to paying a fortune to get it sorted, but plan to email a few different dealers for prices first, I don;t really trust Cardiff somehow.

Thanks for your suggestions

Amanda

I don't know whether this is normal, but one side of the 'filament' (that looks like something out of a lightbulb) was black, and the other side metal and brown.
Perfectly Normal.

After you cleaned the sensor, did you recet the ECU ??

The light won't just go away, unless you reset it ...........

I took it for a drive, and it doesn't feel any better, still not kicking down properly to overtake etc :crybaby: . Is this likely to be sorted if I reset the ECU (I know the light will go off, at least temporarily if it's not fixed).

Oh well, maybe I'll have another go tomorrow, then bite the bullet and get it fixed if it's still not OK. Also, I'm pretty annoyed with Lexus Cardiff - my brand new cream floor mats, which have been in the car all of two weeks, came back with oil on them! :tsktsk: Not impressed.

All the best

Amanda

Amanda, you need to reset the ECU.

If you don't know how, we can help ........ but you have to reset it, then drive the car around for a few hundred miles at least ........ see if the problem does or doesn't come back !

I didn't reset the ECU, I just assumed that the car would feel more normal if the cleaning had done the trick!

I gave the sensor a good blast with contact cleaner - I could see three 'fuse-like' pieces, that all got a blast - then screwed the cover back on.

How do I reset the ECU? I'm keen to sort this out myself, not pay Lexus Cardiff - especially since they 'oiled' my cream mats.

Thanks guys

Amanda

There is two fuses in the engine bay ........... (i'm sure there is a thread on this somehwere)

The EFI fuse, (15amp) and another 20amp fuse .... or maybe it's the other way round.

You just take those out .... put em back in after 30 seconds and it's done !

Let me find the thread on it ................... :unsure:

Check here : http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/knowledge...p;id=38&c=5

Try here I think it's the same on yours :D

There is two fuses in the engine bay ........... (i'm sure there is a thread on this somehwere)

The EFI fuse, (15amp) and another 20amp fuse .... or maybe it's the other way round.

You just take those out .... put em back in after 30 seconds and it's done !

Let me find the thread on it ................... :unsure:

Check here : http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/knowledge...p;id=38&c=5

Just beat me to it :lol:

amanda you will feel great if you manage to sort it yourself and not involve Lexus,and if not at least you learnt a few good bits for the future.I feel the same bout the non bothered approach from Lexus when my car has been in,and of course numerous disputed scratches to my upholstry that were never there when it was dropped off.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links