Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another New Member

jmuk

Hi All

Another new member - should be picking up my LS400 on Saturday, so thought I'd say hello and introduce myself before I get my car and start asking questions about problems with it (touch wood their will be no problems - but it's an unseen e-bay buy so time will tell).

This will be my first Lexus, previous cars in reverse order are Carlton 2.0i, Senator 3.0i, various Carltons, Rover 827 Vitesse, various 2.0 Cavaliers, Various MKII 2.8 Granada's and MKI 3.0 Granada's, MKI 3.0 litre Capri (great fun), PB Cresta and Wolsley 16/60 (complete with starting handle) - so its my first Jap car - I've given up on Buy British and fancy a bit of reliability, I also fancied something with a bit of guts as well as being comfortable - so I've a done a fair bit of browsing on this forum and others over the past couple of months - hence my LS400 decision.

I've also got a yank (1956 Mercury) which I've been restoring for 6 years, so I don't expect the size of the LS400 to give me any problems.

First project for the Lexus will be to integrate my Dension DMP3A hard disk MP3 player into the stereo system - I'll post my success/failure if anyones interested.

Jim

Hi Chaps

No photos, No car!

May have been a bit premature (No more sarcastic comments please Wife). Was supposed to pick up the car Saturday but the guy range Friday - said he couldn't get it out of Park. I've a copy of the maintenance CD so I suggested he checked the brake light fuse, the brake light switch and the lever lock solenoid - he said not to worry - his mate who works at a Lexus dealers would pop around Monday and sort it out for him.

Fast forward to today - his mate has a look, can't fix it and car gets towed to aforementioned Lexus dealer. Guy who's sold me it is off on Holidays for a week so I won't know what's happening until next week.

I still pretty open minded it all - these things do happen, and I suspect he got carried away with the cleaning and ended up spilling something down the gear lever, or blowing a fuse. As long it can get into gear, runs with no faults, and he's got a receipt to prove it was fixed at the dealers I'll still go ahead with it. Just a bit annoying having to wait longer - mind you the guy selling must be pretty ****** - he may have needed the money for his hols.

Just hope that this is not going to be a jinx car.

Any thoughts/comments?

Jim

P.S. Never joined the Autobarnstormers - always was going to but never got around to it.

P.P.S. That Rover was a great car - I clocked 100,000 files on that engine and never had a problem. The guy who I sold it took the ehads off and said it was as good as new. Shame the rest of the car didn't fare so well though - got rusty very quick.

Hi,

I hope its just a silly problem with the car and its all put right for you soon.

I did see what looked like a very clean LS400 forsale just down the road from me,i did think about having a look,but i didnt want to be a time waster.I know if the car was at the right price i might end up with two cars again :rolleyes: :D when i only need one.

Cheers..

Chips.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello - found it by Google

Fed up with time husband spends on his Forum and wondered what these could all be about so decided to see if Lexus had anything similar! and hey presto - what a pleasant surprise.

Stuff to keep me entertained for hours ....

Oops - sorry

Seemed to have posted to the wrong place!

Wasn't being insensitive and not saying hello too.

Hope forgiven.

Will go back to searching. Can't believe I've been on this site for two hours ....

Hello - found it by Google

Fed up with time husband spends on his Forum and wondered what these could all be about so decided to see if Lexus had anything similar! and hey presto - what a pleasant surprise.

Stuff to keep me entertained for hours ....

Oops - sorry

Seemed to have posted to the wrong place!

Wasn't being insensitive and not saying hello too.

Hope forgiven.

Will go back to searching. Can't believe I've been on this site for two hours ....

Hello Lisa, and welcome to the club :D