Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1st Blu-ray Movie "stealth" High Definition

Mr-Lex

Arrived today and only played the movie on the laptop...and what can I say...very impressive :yahoo: B)

just gotta connect it to my tv...can't wait to watch it on the big screen!!!

Any recommendation for the HDMI cable 2m is enuff...not the cheapy ones but not toooooo expensive :question::question: :)

Arrived today and only played the movie on the laptop...and what can I say...very impressive :yahoo: B)

just gotta connect it to my tv...can't wait to watch it on the big screen!!!

Any recommendation for the HDMI cable 2m is enuff...not the cheapy ones but not toooooo expensive :question::question: :)

None of them are that cheap mate. All pocket enemies!

I'm not actually sure with HDMI - with SCART there is a definite improvement when using higher quality cables. However, on the other hand, there is the argument, that as HDMI is digital, there can't be as much dependence on the quality of the cable as with an analogue signal.

If it was a proper AV setup you were going for, I'd recommend getting a £50 gold plated cable, but as you simply want to hook your laptop up to your TV for the occasional movie, I'd personally just try out one of these first

Ebuyer bargain

If you do go for the cheap one, post on here what its like as I am curious about that price :D

Not sure if HDMI suffers the same problems as DVI, guessing it will since they're pretty much the same thing with a different connector (apart from the additional audio on HDMI), but if you get a cheaper cable for a long run, say 10m, you get signal degradation which results in 'sparklies' on the picture with high bandwidth material.

For a couple of meters though wouldn't have thought there would be much difference, these sparklies are mainly a problem over 5 metres on DVI...

I've seen that before on Ebuyer...but decided to go for this! Just came out on the market retails at £80...but have managed to get it for £55! I will be running on full 1080p and don't want a stupid cable to ruin the "potential" performance and quality of the image :shifty::whistling::unsure: Will let you all know how this performs :winky:

more info here but haven't bought it from them...

Edited by Mr-Lex