Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Taken Delivery

Gents

I have finally joined the ranks of Lexus owner after a 9 month wait from placing the order! Got the car, IS250 Sport MM, Codoxon Slate, on Monday but had 3 days off work to drive around in it.

First impressions:

Fantastically refined car and the 18 inch wheels do not seem to have spoiled the ride quality adversely. The ride is firm and controlled with excellent control. The balance of the car is superb so although I don’t want to over extend the engine until it has been properly run in the speeds available are incredible as you just do not have to slow down for corners! I had an Audi S3 before this and it beats the Audi hands down for ride/handling balance.

The MM system is........wow........had a little trouble setting up the Bluetooth connection but once I changed the pass code from the default 1111 it paired instantly. The only downside is that you have to set the phone to "always allow access without asking" this leaves you open to having your information ripped off your phone if you have Bluetooth switched on in a busy bar/restaurant/public space.

Seats were very comfortable but slightly lacking in squab length but this is a minor gripe. Of more concern was the complete lack of headroom. During several of my enthusiastic cornering moves while tilting my head to the right I often made contact with the headlining just below the grab handle.

Economy seems to be great. On my 450 mile round trip over 3 days I averaged 32.4 MPG, not bad at all. Once I start extending the engine to the upper reaches of the rev range to extract the maximum power and hear that wonderful V6 howling, I suspect that this figure will drop dramatically!

On the subject of the engine, I have never driven a car with such a creamy smooth V6. Fantastic.

Will post pictures and further observations over the next couple of weeks. Overall guys I am very pleased with my new purchase and feel that the 9 month wait may just have been worth it after all.

The Germans will have to come up with something extremely special to tempt me away from my new Lex.

:winky:

"always allow access without asking" this leaves you open to having your information ripped off your phone if you have Bluetooth switched on in a busy bar/restaurant/public space.
It only authorises without asking for that particular device you have paired with, not everything ;)

Enjoy your new car :)

Glad you're enjoying it.

I too have found that the headroom is a bit low. Especially just where the Grab handle is - it just seems too close for comfort, but once you're used to it it should be OK.

:offtopic:

Anyone seen anything regarding NCAP? That A post is quite close, even with curtain bags I wonder how the side impact score :duh: will fair...

NCAP Site

The new Corsa and SMAX have been done, but no resluts still for the new IS...

Jamboo do you or philwhite have a sunroof, im 6"5' i dont and mine feels fine.

Can't say ive noticed the grab handles being low.

I'm 5'6 and may be I'm too close... :duh:

It's no so much that it's too low, just too close (if that makes sense).

My be I need to sit a little lower :lol: and stop pretending that I'm 6'5! :lol:

Jamboo do you or philwhite have a sunroof, im 6"5' i dont and mine feels fine.

Can't say ive noticed the grab handles being low.

I'm 5'6 and may be I'm too close... :duh:

It's no so much that it's too low, just too close (if that makes sense).

My be I need to sit a little lower :lol: and stop pretending that I'm 6'5! :lol:

Sit lower, and take those blocks off the pedals :lol:

Infinity

I do not have the sunroof and am 5'11" so don't think I am exceptionally tall. I have the seat on the lowest position and it is still very close. My mate sat in it at the weekend who is 6'3" and his head was touching regularly. He said it was quite uncomfortable and would be concerned about buying one for that very reason. Not a big loss to Lexus though cos he has 4 kids and can only afford a 1994 Fiesta anyhow!

Another couple of observations: the handbrake does not hold the weight of the car. I have noticed other complaints of this on here so will be taking this up with my dealer. The other on is the sat nav. When I am driving along, looking at the road ahead I can see the screen flickering in the corner of my eye. Does anyone know if the refresh rate can be altered (like a monitor on a PC)???

Still enjoying the car immensely, steering is amazing compared to my old S3, brakes are fantastic, great feel and the control of the body is something else.

No rattles yet (fingers crossed it will stay this way)

Infinity

I do not have the sunroof and am 5'11" so don't think I am exceptionally tall. I have the seat on the lowest position and it is still very close. My mate sat in it at the weekend who is 6'3" and his head was touching regularly. He said it was quite uncomfortable and would be concerned about buying one for that very reason. Not a big loss to Lexus though cos he has 4 kids and can only afford a 1994 Fiesta anyhow!

Another couple of observations: the handbrake does not hold the weight of the car. I have noticed other complaints of this on here so will be taking this up with my dealer. The other on is the sat nav. When I am driving along, looking at the road ahead I can see the screen flickering in the corner of my eye. Does anyone know if the refresh rate can be altered (like a monitor on a PC)???

Still enjoying the car immensely, steering is amazing compared to my old S3, brakes are fantastic, great feel and the control of the body is something else.

No rattles yet (fingers crossed it will stay this way)

Handbrake is an issue check out the post from Diesel Do Nicley Brian Link mine has a similar problem.

Cant say i've noticed the screen flickering you can always turn it off but nobody wants to do that do they?

I havent found any mention of screen refresh rates in the manual, that doesnt mean it cant be done, ask your dealer, i suspect its not possible with only having a 12v supply.

Please post up any new voice commands you find that work, there seem to be many that are not listed in the car.

Infinity...........

I took delivery of my Black and black IS250 SE-L this weekend

I have doen 500 miles and no major problems to report

I do have some points though

1) Handbrake needs a bloody good tug to hold it

2) Really struggling to transfer my phonebook to the Car

3) Headroom is low

4) Air flow seats....? Not sure they actually work

5) The AUX is great but there really is nowhere to put your IPOD, so you can actually use it, playlists it is

6) The build is exceptional, ALL EXCEPT the rather shoddy food rest next to the clutch, mine is falling off already

7) Can't seem to get my alarm sensor switch off button to work

That all said - GREAT car

Any help on these points would be gratefully received

I took delivery of my Black and black IS250 SE-L this weekend

I have doen 500 miles and no major problems to report

I do have some points though

1) Handbrake needs a bloody good tug to hold it

2) Really struggling to transfer my phonebook to the Car

3) Headroom is low

4) Air flow seats....? Not sure they actually work

5) The AUX is great but there really is nowhere to put your IPOD, so you can actually use it, playlists it is

6) The build is exceptional, ALL EXCEPT the rather shoddy food rest next to the clutch, mine is falling off already

7) Can't seem to get my alarm sensor switch off button to work

That all said - GREAT car

Any help on these points would be gratefully received

1. Yes agree alot of the cars have this problem its being addressed by lexus we hope

2. Try changing the cars Pin Number & dont try and pair your phone to the car let the car pair with your phone.

3. Im 6'5" and i dont feel its low, quite comfy after my last IS200 with Sunroof.

4. On Full blow turn the blower towards the dash vents or floor mine works fine its not a jet of air just a smooth draft.

6. Cant Help.

7. Ditto

Hope some of this helps, agree great car.

Infinity.

the rather shoddy food rest next to the clutch, mine is falling off already

Now I know where all my bits of sandwich, pizza, crisps etc end up :lol:

4) Air flow seats....? Not sure they actually work]

I'm not convinced either, tried for 60 miles today to get some air blowing through them, gave in and used the air con.

The passenger one always works though :unsure:

the rather shoddy food rest next to the clutch, mine is falling off already

Now I know where all my bits of sandwich, pizza, crisps etc end up :lol:

4) Air flow seats....? Not sure they actually work]

I'm not convinced either, tried for 60 miles today to get some air blowing through them, gave in and used the air con.

The passenger one always works though :unsure:

To get air through the seats you need the aircon on as it just an extension of the blower vent at floor level

To get air through the seats you need the aircon on as it just an extension of the blower vent at floor level

Hmmmm....

When it's really warm in the car, and you set Auto Climate on, normally just the face vents are on. Even then, in mine there is a consistent flow of air through the seat.

I believe there are fans in the seat squabs, which like you say will extend the air from the vents below the seat, but in mine they definately are powerful enough to blow air up through the seat holes even with the vents under the seat off.

I can seriously feel a gentle stream of air, both seats, for an inch to 2 inches above the squab.

I know some owners have seen inconsistency here, and I would take the car in, or try a demo car and compare it. Maybe compare a few. You can also hear the fans whirring away...if you listen carefully.

Make sure you've not been at the baked beans the day before though... :sick:

There are vents below the seat? Do I need to turn them on or something?

All I want is air to come through, when the climate control is say on Medium - not having to put it on full blast as it will defeat the object

This is really now the only issue I have, having just solved the internal sensor issue?

If you move the front seat max forward, you will see what look like air outlets pointing towards the rear passenger footwell.

You can only switch them on by using the climate control/heater controls and point the air flow to feet/legs, else the climate control will switch them on or off as appropriate.

The point is that the seat fans would no doubt draw air through the seat and up IF air was coming out of them. Else the fans themselves do the work...???

Like I say mine are pretty good, no matter if the feet position is on or not. So I would be inclined to pay the dealer a visit...

If you move the front seat max forward, you will see what look like air outlets pointing towards the rear passenger footwell.

You can only switch them on by using the climate control/heater controls and point the air flow to feet/legs, else the climate control will switch them on or off as appropriate.

The point is that the seat fans would no doubt draw air through the seat and up IF air was coming out of them. Else the fans themselves do the work...???

Like I say mine are pretty good, no matter if the feet position is on or not. So I would be inclined to pay the dealer a visit...

I see, so before I see the dealer, what you are saying is I should select the climate option that has the air flow down and see if this helps?

Oh, one other thing. Is the footwell lighting suppossed to stay on, I'm not sure of the point of it personally, however nice it looks?