Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sub And Amp Help Me

Hey there, have been a member for some time, just got my first lexus is 200 sport about 2 weeks ago. I have already crashed it; not my fault, stupid R drivers. I wanted to upgrade the sound system so i bought a new head unit, sub and amp. Because it is a sport i can't just plug the head unit in and play. Wanted to know if there is any way that i could wire the sub that i got to the amp that is already in the car (behind the glovebox) I wouldn't bother with the head unit if it is possible because of the bother of runing new wires to all the speakers.Just rember that i do'nt know much about what i am talking about.ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT THANK YOU. :crybaby:

Best advice i would give you pal is save up a bit more & then take it to some 1 who knows what they are doing, i have seen a few cars go up in smoke due to home wired /badly fitted systems

So it could be the case of spending £150 to get it fitted properly or lose your car

Just for your interest you can get a facia adaptor to house your head unit,you will get better base by wiring up the amp you have bought through your headunit.

You can alos buy an ISO adaptor so your head unit will plug and play

I know which one i chose :)

Hope that helps you matey

I would probably try and run the amp and sub off the standard head unit, I don't think that after market head units look that good in the IS dash...

I'm pretty sure I have seen posts on the forum about finding a pre out from the standard unit.

But if you don't know what you are doing I would take it to someone who does, there are several good car audio places in Northern Ireland.

Thanks for the help.But i thought i couldent get an ISO ADAPTOR to fit my car because it was a sport.I thought that i would have to bypass the amp and rewire all the speakers to get the aftermarket H/U to work.I bought all my amps sub and head unit from Halfords but when it came to getting the adapter they hadnt got a clue.Dont think that i would let them near my car to fit it.Also i got a new facia of e-bay.Who would have thought it would be this hard to put a new head unit in a car AHHHHHH Any more help would be gr8

Thanks for the help.But i thought i couldent get an ISO ADAPTOR to fit my car because it was a sport.I thought that i would have to bypass the amp and rewire all the speakers to get the aftermarket H/U to work.I bought all my amps sub and head unit from halfords but when it came to getting the adapter they hadnt got a clue.Dont think that i would let them near my car to fit it.Also i got a new facia of e-bay.Who would have thought it would be this hard to put a new head unit in a car AHHHHHH Any more help would be gr8

Hi B.jay,

I am doing the same thing as you, looking for a Wiring Harness/adapter anything but like you self not haveing much luck, Posted in the audio, video section requesting ifo. I will share any thing i find out mate :winky:

like you self i have bought a facia plate off eBay (waiting for post). and alredy have an Head unit, AMP, Sub. I rather keep the standard Amp as it is configured to the correct setting for the Speakers (2ohms).

keep me posted mate and we miht get this resolved together :D

DibsLPG

• 8 months later...
Hey there, have been a member for some time, just got my first lexus is 200 sport about 2 weeks ago. I have already crashed it; not my fault, stupid R drivers. I wanted to upgrade the sound system so i bought a new head unit, sub and amp. Because it is a sport i can't just plug the head unit in and play. Wanted to know if there is any way that i could wire the sub that i got to the amp that is already in the car (behind the glovebox) I wouldn't bother with the head unit if it is possible because of the bother of runing new wires to all the speakers.Just rember that i do'nt know much about what i am talking about.ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT THANK YOU. :crybaby:

did you manage to get a adaptor for your stereo and sat nav? If so can you point me in the right direction plz