Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance...yet Again!

Moffet

Insurance renewal time again... seems to come round too often for my liking though. :crybaby:

Tried the search places like confused.com and insurancesupermarket.com but for some reason they could only retrieve about 5 quotes each from the supposed hundreds they search, and they were all worse than my renewal. Then took some advice from the many insurance threads on these forums and called a few more companies...

Result - last year it cost me over £700, but this year I was suprised to find it has dropped to £425! :D

So thanks to everyone who recommended insurance companies on here and also to Alistair from A-Plan who did me the very good deal, and that price included the cost of the mods I have that I haven't put on the car yet! So I suppose it's an incentive to hurry up and get them fitted... :blush:

I have to agree with Moffat, I've just had a quote from Rob at A-Plan after recieving my renewal at a cost of £589.

Rob matched the level of cover including legal expenses, protected no claims and courtesy car etc at a very reasonable £318 :D which also included mods I plan to fit in the near future.

Top marks to Rob at A-Plan, no other company I have tried where able to come anywhere near this quote.

Well worth a try if your renewal is coming up.

Insurance renewal time again... seems to come round too often for my liking though. :crybaby:

Tried the search places like confused.com and insurancesupermarket.com but for some reason they could only retrieve about 5 quotes each from the supposed hundreds they search, and they were all worse than my renewal. Then took some advice from the many insurance threads on these forums and called a few more companies...

Result - last year it cost me over £700, but this year I was suprised to find it has dropped to £425! :D

So thanks to everyone who recommended insurance companies on here and also to Alistair from A-Plan who did me the very good deal, and that price included the cost of the mods I have that I haven't put on the car yet! So I suppose it's an incentive to hurry up and get them fitted... :blush:

After reading some threads about A Plan Insurance ,thought I'd give them a go!got a phone call today to go through some details,have been with tesco insurance for past 5 years ,lost my no claims through a shunt earlier in the year.Quotes around the £1200 mark :blink: received a phone call later this afternoon and very pleasently surprised. :hehe: Quote (including discount for LOC membership! £740 :P

fantastic.

Aye think I may well have to look into that when I renew mine.

As its a group 19 insurance group and they are planning on upping my premium as Im under 25 :(

Ive been told to speak to this guy, he does with a lot of the driftworks guys and as yet has been unbeatable. but make sure you call mce and speak to this guy, as the website and the rest of the people are based around bikes.

Kiz

kieran.murphy@mceinsurance.com

0870 9090996

id give bell a try they are part of admiral,they shocked me on my M3, couldnt get insurance below £1.2k,they did it for £840 all in with a 250 excess,0 no claims bonus,ive got 8 points and an accident a year ago,some didnt even want to insure me.My partner who is also fully comp on the policy also has 6 points.

I think I better give A Plan a try. Norwich Union's renewal was £700. Now I paid £540 last year, and I haven't made a claim, and there's no change to the details ie drivers, address etc.

Makes you wonder what on earth they are measuring me against !

I'm with NU and got a better quote from elsewhere. Rang them to cancel, told them I'd got it cheaper elsewhere - they immediately reduced my premium by well over 100 squid just to keep my business (presumably).

It makes you wonder how much it actually costs

id give bell a try they are part of admiral,they shocked me on my M3, couldnt get insurance below £1.2k,they did it for £840 all in with a 250 excess,0 no claims bonus,ive got 8 points and an accident a year ago,some didnt even want to insure me.My partner who is also fully comp on the policy also has 6 points.

I've got to admit that I was going to go with Bell as they had quoted me £771 :) but again A Plan even beat that! :D

Everyone's talking about A-Plan...so gave a call on behalf of my missus on her car insurance (renewal)...took all details and said they will call back with a quote....but not a single call back :unsure: :o That was couple of weeks ago... ;)

I think I better give A Plan a try. Norwich Union's renewal was £700. Now I paid £540 last year, and I haven't made a claim, and there's no change to the details ie drivers, address etc.

Makes you wonder what on earth they are measuring me against !

I'm with NU and got a better quote from elsewhere. Rang them to cancel, told them I'd got it cheaper elsewhere - they immediately reduced my premium by well over 100 squid just to keep my business (presumably).

It makes you wonder how much it actually costs

How do you mean how much it costs? Its insurance, surely costs are irrelevant they just make money off you the best they can to cover all drivers.

The younger they are the more they get out of you.

Everyone's talking about A-Plan...so gave a call on behalf of my missus on her car insurance (renewal)...took all details and said they will call back with a quote....but not a single call back :unsure: :o That was couple of weeks ago... ;)

Apologies for this, as per my PM, I hope we have now sorted this for you

That was an abosulte stunning quote...but i'm afraid my missus has already taken a new policy and 14 days has passed to get the money back from the new insurance.

A plan, quoted her for around £350ish (can't remember to the penny :blush: ) and her current insurance £340.................yes, yes I know her new one is cheaper but it was TPFT and A-Plan was Full Comp :o :shifty:

A real shame but defo' she will be in touch next year...and i'm pretty sure you will beat her renewal or any other quotes :)

Thanks Alistair :D

p.s. mines due Jan 07...I will be in touch sooner than her :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links